What does your pond look like ... Today?

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The tree is around 30 feet tall. Covered with seeds that never matured. Not a single leaf, everything else is leafed out.
IMG_2505.JPG

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
free pond fill did not work huh Telion .you need to do a real good rain dance .Takes time usmc .and when it gets there you will be amazed because it can happen so fast .

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
As you can see it's still green and not sure why. No improvement water-wise. Starting to come along. Not as nice as most of yours. View attachment 110603
It will balance eventually. You need some pond sedges like rushes, water irises, and grasses to help clean your pond. It will take time to grow large clumps. In the mean time keep filters clean so pumps run well. :)

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Your big pond is wonderful @ROW FISH and I love all those plants you have growing in there. It all grows so lush, like a forest for your fish to swim through! You must not ever have to clean the bottom w/a net or anything. Looks really clear! You have a bog right?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
So, I think I fixed my bog. (No fingers crossed emoji?)

As I posted in another topic, I removed my hosta a few days ago. It was in the general area of the problem, and as I removed it, a mat of roots came with it. It's been a couple days and I don't seem to be having the issue, but a few more days and I'll know for sure.
The hosta was doing a fantastic job filtering with all those roots. I could've chopped it up and replanted it, but I'm going to be replacing it with a native plant.

Everytime I see your stream my mind starts racing about how I can get a stream to go to my pond.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Your big pond is wonderful @ROW FISH and I love all those plants you have growing in there. It all grows so lush, like a forest for your fish to swim through! You must not ever have to clean the bottom w/a net or anything. Looks really clear! You have a bog right?
Yes I have a large bog filter and I have never cleaned the pond with the exception of string algae removal. I have water grasses planted through the pond to filter out wastes. Have had no issues as of yet but I know my fish load is high and I will have to give in and cut it back this year.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Yes I have a large bog filter and I have never cleaned the pond with the exception of string algae removal. I have water grasses planted through the pond to filter out wastes. Have had no issues as of yet but I know my fish load is high and I will have to give in and cut it back this year.

Well it sure works great! Wish I would have put one in for my pond. Not doing it now as sounds like too much work after the fact, that and being too lazy :rolleyes:

Ask a Question