What does your pond look like ... Today?

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
@sissy Mine are coming up too but I don't have them around my pond and not up near my house windows anymore either. I moved them all to over by my greenhouse. Today I have to put the rocks back around part of my pond as I took them out to get the huge Sweet Flag outta there. Man that plant had root tentacles that attached themselves to the liner in my pond and to the big edge rocks next to my pond! I had to pry them off and saw that plant down inch by inch!

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
None of my banana plants came back this year! I was going to move them behind the ponds to act as a screen. Guess the crazy winter weather got those as well as all but one lotus plant.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
@mrsclem Sometimes it takes them awhile to come back from their roots when it's been very cold so there might be some hope.

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I'm hoping they come back. The tank with the lotus is next to where the bananas are. We had a really cold winter and not a lot of snow cover. My lotus in my preform is doing great!
019.JPG

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
If they are just coming up here yours will come up way after mine do .To help them you can add some fertilizer and a little epsom salts

Patfish

Ignore the mask and cape
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Did you grow them from seed yourself if so any tricks and tips you can share? Knave a bunch that I need to start.
Tips? Well...I got lucky
Put seeds in water glass
Changed water with pond water every other day.
When about 6 inches tall i put in a pail with garden clay
After first arial leaf, started monthly fertilizer.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Lovely as usual and nice clear water. I never had any luck w/those Water Hyacinth. Think my pond is too rowdy for them. Looks like you have yours placed in calm shallow water to start.

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Everyone’s ponds are looking great this spring. (y) I finally got our hyacinth starts anchored along one edge. It should spread like crazy once the water warms a bit. View attachment 110863View attachment 110862

Wow really love your pond! Waterfall looks very very very nice! Trying to get some Japanese style in there? I see a maple and moss ? on the rocks on the right?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
i'll try for pics tomorrow. yeah i still need more rocks for the basic pond before i go bigger.. ( may cut up the liner to make look like and animal for the wife to sign off( just kidding ) )

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
rainy wet pond .pics are impossible to take with trying to get yard work in .The rain is nice but it could be once or twice a week not every single day with heavy downpours

Troutredds

You can call me Red
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Wow really love your pond! Waterfall looks very very very nice! Trying to get some Japanese style in there? I see a maple and moss ? on the rocks on the right?
Thanks! Our whole setup was built around that old Japanese maple. It was planted in the early ‘60s by the original home owner, fifty years before the pond went in. I’m crazy about moss, ferns and stone, too.
9912DDC0-99BF-4ED2-B194-371D578998A3.jpeg

Ask a Question