What does your pond look like ... Today?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Well I closed the pond down yesterday for the season. We are in single digit temps I did not want to chance it. This is yesterday still running before the shutdown. Some visiting turkeys. I put out a heated water source for the birds in the stream so they can still get water and the air hole allows that also.

IMG_1092.jpeg

A couple of the turkeys by the pond

Hanging out in the snow by A & R Photography, on Flickr

Turkey in the snow by A & R Photography, on Flickr

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Welcome back Rob,
Great shots as always
Turkeys and a host of others birds found my yard the last few months as they started a new development and displaced them seems we inherited a bit.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Welcome back Rob,
Great shots as always
Turkeys and a host of others birds found my yard the last few months as they started a new development and displaced them seems we inherited a bit.
Thanks, I have been lurking a bit here and there. I have backed off posting a on few forums this year a bit. Work was a busy year for me and some new gear has kept me busy. No traveling unfortunately but we will get there. I did buy a Jeep Rubicon recently and been playing with a bit too. I even set it up for the camera gear. Installed a cargo light for those early mornings to see the gear better.

Jeep mount 2.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Thanks, I have been lurking a bit here and there. I have backed off posting a on few forums this year a bit. Work was a busy year for me and some new gear has kept me busy. No traveling unfortunately but we will get there. I did buy a Jeep Rubicon recently and been playing with a bit too. I even set it up for the camera gear. Installed a cargo light for those early mornings to see the gear better.

View attachment 136184
I figured with everyone home, that was probably keeping you very busy being self employed. I should have quit my job and started a pond buis but here I sit. Looks like your set up to the T . I don't see it but i'm betting a blind is hiding there somewhere .
I was heading for Conowingo damn to shoot bald eagles today but i woke up to frozen pipes in the rv so that changed those plans.

Last edited:
Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
VERY COOL and jealous When i head out its never as id love to have like that. I get nervous walking away knowing whats in the car i cant imagine a set up like that i guess lots of packed lunches.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
We've gotten more snow than expected and it's still coming down. Had to go out this morning and clear the snow from around the breather. It was completely covered. Going out now to clean up the driveway.

IMG_20210131_101547877.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
@gliebig ..... I'll take it ... my ponds under 2o inches of snow and ice. The air difuser is even buried but air has to be getting out somewhere. As I ampumping a lot of air to the pond so I'm pretty confident gas build up is getting out as well
Screenshot_20210202-120319_Nest.jpg

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Poor you is right . I'll take snow over all the bs out your way. By the time antifa is done or someone grows a pair, Portland will look like Beruit.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Love that area, actually there's not much area wise i don't like to Washington is all amazing just nuke the cities and your good. Then again i guess Godzilla just came to town and scared away Boeing That's going to hurt Seattle in a big way . We will see if silicone valley can fill the bill just what you DON'T need

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Unless any of you want to see 6 inches of snow over 5 inches of ice, I'd say there isn't really any need for a photo. Am I really in zone 6a...?

Ad

Advertisements

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Iced over and snow now starting to cover it again. so happy I plugged in the breathers. Did not even turn them on last year.

Reaction score
Country
United States
We have 6 inches of ice covering almost the whole pond but the waterfall is still flowing strong and making a path through the ice. It’s currently 2 degrees with a -15 wind chill and it’s not going to be above freezing in the next 2 weeks. I might have to consider shutting the waterfall off at some point.

Ad

Advertisements

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I still have not plugged in my breathers yet as well. Spent so much time last year running light and camera cables thru 100W heaters and never even plugged them in. No ice at all on the main pond. The holding area below the bog has ice on it, bog is shut down.

Ask a Question