What does your pond look like ... Today?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
well for the last couple of hours 4 to 4 1/2 inch's of rain an hour .This is getting bad .The creek across the road is almost up to the road now

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Here are new pix of the new grassy sedge that I put in to replace the giant Sweet Flag w/lawn grass that grew out the top and made it look ratchety! I know the sedge looks pretty much like the Sweet Flag but it's not. The sedge has skinnier leaves and no ugly lawn grass growing up in the middle. Sweet Flag was more yellow than green. I had that sedge growing in another part of my gardens so just dug it up and washed all the dirt off. It's now in a pot on top of another pot w/ a brick in the bottom pot so no tipping. My Mares tail is taking off this year at the bottom of photo. No more losing water out of pond either as rocks have all been adjusted w/liner pulled up out of the muck and redone over rocks. Filling up a bit now w/ more water to the brim.
Gator is tied to a rock so he can't escape!

IMG_8602.JPG

Here is what it looked like before w/the old Sweet Flag below and gator gone wild. See the lawn grass in the middle of the Sweet Flag. Man I hated that when I first saw it coming up. The grass would all brown up and fall over in Winter and looked awful:
IMG_8283.JPG

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
well now there has been a roof at a store fall in .The water load is threatening other flat roof in another store also

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We are still under a state of emergency, flooding, people loosing cars, flooded basements.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Thanks! Our whole setup was built around that old Japanese maple. It was planted in the early ‘60s by the original home owner, fifty years before the pond went in. I’m crazy about moss, ferns and stone, too.View attachment 110869
Really gorgeous pond! Moss, ferns and stones! My favorite things! Just yesterday I was drooling over all 3 of those things at a local nursery. :D

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
called animal control ,to many freaken cats around here with kittens .I love animals to much to keep seeing dead kittens around here .The neighbors next door brought 6 cats with them and 2 dogs .Both little dogs hit by cars and now they have a chihuahua that they neglect plus now kittens again in my shed
100_3748.JPG

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Ah poor little babies! Hope they get good homes instead of being allowed to breed and make trouble for everyone. They sure are cute tho! Wonder what animal control will do w/o the mama cat?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
They will catch the momma cat and fix her .this is a no kill shelter .There were 6 kittens ,I had to bury 4 dead ones .i love animals to much to put up with this every year .Last year I buried a total of 9 kittens .

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Oh no how sad for them and you! Maybe they will lend you cat catching cages so you can call them to come pick up when they are caught. How many cats do you see around there?

Ask a Question