What does your pond look like ... Today?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Not exactly a pond shot, but you can see it off in the distance there. I hadn't shoveled for the dogs yet, so that was the closest I was getting this morning!
Snow.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Seems like crazy weather, minus 4 wind chills last week, then into the high 40s this week. Now we have wind and heavy rain tonight. Stores here in Massachusetts are not allowed to open on thanksgiving day for black friday, they have to wait until 1am Friday, however we saw people sitting outside best buy on thanksgiving day waiting to get in hours before the place opened, now that day we had one of the coldest days ever recorded here for November, and people sat out in that cold for hours. I just don't know what to make of it.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I will never understand the whole Black Friday frenzy. There is not a single thing in the world I need bad enough at any price that would get me to deal with that whole mess.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I will never understand the whole Black Friday frenzy. There is not a single thing in the world I need bad enough at any price that would get me to deal with that whole mess.
Totally agree I have never done black Friday. Don't even spend hours on line looking at all of the "deals".

But usually dry wall is not on black Friday sale...................

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
But usually dry wall is not on black Friday sale

haha! Good point! Maybe if there was a Rock Friday I'd be the first in line!

Between all the Black Friday, Small Business Saturday, and Cyber Monday emails I've gotten I haven't had time to leave the house anyway - just busy deleting!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Another major snow storm for us today. These pics are in the early stages. I figure we will have had 3 feet of snowfall between the two storms. The ground was previously covered from a smaller storm early in the month. My biggest concern is the wildlife (mainly deer and turkey) having to eat their winter food supply now. Also, my poor trees.

november winter storm 001.JPG
november winter storm 005.JPG

Troutredds

You can call me Red
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
0EC22AA8-BF98-43C6-B641-A175648C70C5.jpeg
F76C74DF-9A86-43AB-AD66-A55FD7871821.jpeg
It’s cooled off here. Many of our ferns have finally died back for the year. This hummingbird guards the feeder daily, only allowing a specific female to join him. They’re family, I suppose. :geek:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
It's starting to get cold enough to ice up. The aerator is doing its job like a champion and I stuck the deicer out there to keep the passage to the skimmer ice free as it did ice over so now the big is iced up and not running. I should have followed through with my idea to have the deicer in front of the skimmer before it began to ice over.
15442111190906144930209552317966.jpg

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I was out trying to find the 46P comet tonight and last night, but with the moon and the city lights, it's just too bright to see it.
IMG_8217 copy.jpg

It would be just left of center in this photo.
IMG_8230 copy.jpg

Here's the pond with the moon helping to light up the ground, and the neighbor's Christmas lights in the background.

IMG_8235 copy.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
@JBtheExplorer have you ever used the app DarkSky? I have so much fun with it. It identifies every single object in the sky - stars, satellites, planets... even the occasional "space junk". I never realized that we had so much stuff floating around in space in addition to the things nature put there!

Very cool photo @Becky - thanks for finding and sharing!

Ask a Question