What does your pond look like ... Today?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Some quick photos with the tablet. i have spent the day digging out the skimmer as my luck would have it i went with the helix that is a 4 foot deep unit. I had set it to high or at least for my liking . it is now only an inch above the water line instead of the water line only a couple inches above the weir.
WIN_20190806_19_51_42_Pro-Pano.jpg

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I spent hours today trying to fix my waterfall so you could not see the metal sides. I have got it as good as I can get it. I think it looks better tho. Too many rocks but not doing anything else w/it. At least I can't see the metal on the side now. The whole time the fish were picking at me :joyful:

Before:
View attachment 123643

After:
View attachment 123644
That looks great! love the after

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Looks like the chromatella that I have. Got it at Lowes and the flowers are huge!
No clue where I got it from or a name.
I truly hate you ( not ):cry:.............your lilies are so nice, mine is PITIFUL, I'm going to take a picture tonight..........:LOL:
I just use osmocote in the fall or spring, usually fall. Each plant gets around a 1/4 cup (I just dump in a layer of the stuff under the plant) Then I ignore them all summer.
I used to go in and groom them constantly now don't even do that very often. The plant debris just poofs away.
It's beautiful @addy1 but be careful what you say around that snapper as he might not ignore it o_O
This lily is in the 1000 gallon tank away from the evil snapper. So far no luck catching it. I have sardines, chicken hanging in a trap and it is ignoring.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Rock on a roll might be an easy solution for you Jw and I believe they will sell any sizes needed you can glue it right to the stainless or wrap it around and use what they call termination strips in black and screw it on . https://www.rock-on-a-roll.com/photos.shtml
LoL thanks but I sure am not taking all that rock outta there after it almost killed my whole body putting it all in there. I'm still sore after 2 days. It's fine, just fine the way it is :happy:

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have to agree it looks good, it appears you had to move the whole falls forward to hide the weir

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
@Gbbudd2 No I just added more big flatter rocks behind where the water falls and then stacked more up the sides. If I would have had to move the whole falls I would have died!
Here is what it looks like inside so you can see how I piled the rocks all around it after my hubby built it many years ago:

IMG_4081.JPG

and the front w/o rocks:

IMG_0873.JPG

Then w/rocks in front but not enough yet:

IMG_4082.JPG

Then my hubby added the enclosed weir cuz I wanted the water to fall more outward away from the tub:

IMG_4089.JPG

IMG_4097.JPG

So you can see how I needed to put more rocks below to build a platform to add more rocks in front of the ones already there and more up the front sides to hide the weir.

Now hidden good enough and I added that bowl to the top for the birds to cover the hole in the tub:

IMG_9292.JPG

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Yes i knew what you meant as usual with my text and typing it didn't come across correctly . Are you going to put a little water fall foam deep into the cracks to help hold them in place or are you going t stay with a dry stack.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Dry stack, as you never know when one might change their mind about something and the water does not run behind the rocks at all fortunately. It felt pretty darn stable after I stacked them all. Of course if a raccoon gets through all my netting and fence barricades and happens to make a mess of it then I may rethink the foam. I will have a very bad headache and mood if that does happen tho!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have dry stacked rocks which have stayed nicely stacked. Hope yours does the same.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Dry stacked if done well will out last all others. stone wall building is without a doubt an art.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Well I'm no artist but will hope it all stays put! I even tap hammered some in so they were really tight.

Ask a Question