What is your weather like ... today

FountainMan

Dihydrogen Monoxide-scaping.
Reaction score
Warm and sunny. Monday a storm system is moving into the area and I'm going storm chasing! (My other hobby)

20160406_185551.jpg

My weather station (Skywatch McKinney Weather Station)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Got some rain today, and wind, but new plants I got at greenhouse last weekend were snuggled up against the house on the east side, so once the winds picked up they were from the SSW, and didn't bother them too much. Will probably have to bring them in again when we get another cold snap below freezing temps in another day. THEN, I THINK spring will be here to stay ... at least I saw 70's next week, and nothing below freezing after Friday night. :)

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We broke low temperature records, yesterday. :( Snow coming Saturday

@CountryEscape my bog bean is showing frost damage, tons of flower buds, I hope they did not freeze also.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Well another day of wind gusts up in the 40mph .Whats new about that ,nothing :(supposed to be 64 degrees today but guessing it won't feel like that .

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I am mad about the new duracell batteries I put in the smoke detectors .3 of them a slightly chirping this morning .They have electric back up and when I changed the batteries i always clean the smoke detectors a little .It is suggested to lightly clean them .I just bought these batteries and checked the expire date also .They will get a not so nice review .There are 8 of them and I guess i will now have to check them all .

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
How old are the detectors, @sissy? If they've been around for ten years or so, it may be the detectors, and not the batteries, that are the problem. Do you have a battery tester?
John

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
These are also hardwired and new ones were put in 5 years ago by the modular home builder when they got a recall notice on the old ones .Don't have a battery tester that I know of .But put them in a radio and they barely work in that .The red light on the radio keeps coming on for low battery .4 of them so far tested low .The smoke detectors say to only use duracell batteries inside the cover .Never had this problem before and wonder if they were just stored wrong by Sams club ,to much heat or to much cold can drain a battery .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
Well, we're forecasted to be in the 20's for lows over the week end, with flurries! I'm wondering if I should turn off one of my pumps? Shiver me timbers, it's chilly out there :)

Ask a Question