sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Well back and got 30 bags of black mulch and guy told me he had no one to load them but if I could do it myself I could have them for a 1.20 a bag a bargain right:) NO :dead:darn stuff was wet and heavy ,and then I see there are only 5 bags left so I take them .If it was dry no big deal and now I get the joy of unloading it .I think I am trying to kill myself

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Sun was out but they are calling for a chance of a light rain shower .Yep rest and then unload the rest of it .I unloaded a couple of bags for a garden out back

Attachments

• pond stuff and mulch 005.JPG
    pond stuff and mulch 005.JPG
    152 KB · Views: 107

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Well 3 gardens done and guy called me truck with more bags showed up so have to go back and get 10 more bags of black and 5 bags of red to fill in the heart garden .Seems like it never ends .I think soon I will pay some one to do it for me .My bad back can't take this abuse

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Have to back and get the rest of the mulch .I also got the parts for the homemade aerator

Attachments

• gardens 2015 001.JPG
    gardens 2015 001.JPG
    332.7 KB · Views: 95
  • gardens 2015 003.JPG
    gardens 2015 003.JPG
    354.6 KB · Views: 105
  • gardens 2015 008.JPG
    gardens 2015 008.JPG
    89 KB · Views: 156

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I had one jw but have to get a new one and harbor freight is the only place here that has them .I looked in lowes and home depot .Doctor came to pick his baskets and chairs up .I called him to tell them they were done and he was going to harris nursery .I got the cart on the lawnmower and brought them around .He wants the tractor and cart for a birthday present for his wife the end of May .

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Now you must show us how you do that aerator deal step by step and what works best etc. for making holes and how many and how far apart etc. and a picture of it in when it's up and running.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I should have bought the black end cap but it was a dollar more .Does that make since pvc verses abs .I have the bit already but will have to wait until tomorrow .Decided I needed a spa bath

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Nothing like a hot tub of bubbles after a hard days work Sissy!!

Was REALLY warm today. I think we got close to 70 Fahrenheit today! Officially it was 66 degrees but I was really working up a sweat in t shirt and cropped pants while cleaning garden Today.
Little Rio her hair is getting so long now, and she is just the joy of my life right now!
20150330_150355.jpg

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
She is spying on the world .Still have to go get more mulch but afraid i need a big push to get my butt up today .Waiting for coffee to get done so I have a caffeine rush .Even dogs do not want to get up and go outside .supposed to be 75 today but with stronger winds than yesterday .20 to 25 mph today and yesterday was 10 to 15 mph and it felt stronger than that

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Man, Sissy, how many wet bags of mulch did you get??? I am going to get it in bulk, when it IS wet, as then it packs in the tractor bucket better, and I get more. LOL I can let the truck sit inside the barn to dry it out before I install it. :) Just have to wait for the place to open up. Going to drive there today in car and see when they will be back in business, and then get more. I think my brakes are going out in my truck, though, or the brake line is leaking. Drove it to town last weekend, and man I had to go all the way to the floor to have them work. NOT SAFE, I know. Maybe I need to make appt. for it to be fixed, THEN decide on the mulch pick up. :)

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I got 30 bags and going back to get 10 bags of red and guessing but maybe 20 bags of black now .The older guy who runs the place has his son working there but his son is studying for some kind of test so he will not be back until next week .I figured i would do all the front gardens in black and back ones I will go get a truckload of mulch .I would love to do gravel in my gardens but looked at prices and it would be way over 2 thousand dollars .Plus gravel heats up so much it may kill some of the plants .My neighbor down the road did gravel around all the gardens around the foundation of the house and a lot of the plants died that summer .He has soaker hose down under gravel but the tops of the plants just could not take the heat .

Reaction score
Country
United States
Well it's 40 degrees and dark, raining and windy. At least the temperature is slowly moving up. We were in the 20's on Saturday during the day....so cold still. Sunday it was in the 40's and the sun was out so we took the opportunity to work around the pond and clean things up. My hubby is off work on Friday so hopefully he is going to set up the new filter we got for the pond. As I was netting out some stray leaves in the pond I saw one of my baby fish from last summer/fall (a little calico) swimming around. I hadn't seen him all winter so I was happy to see him. I did lose one fish, I happened to notice it was floating one day last week. I suppose that's not too bad considering the winter we had :rolleyes:

Ask a Question