sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
At least you never have to worry about your well going dry and everything is always green and you don't get a lot of sun to make your water green and you get free water changes for your pond and if you want to wash your car you soap it up and wait .Your flower pots are always watered and if you need a shower you have a real life one outside all you need is soap and washcloth and shampoo and keeping your towel dry will be hard of course :)(y)I could go on and on .

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Funny but peoples wells do go dry around here and then they have to wait till they can use them again. Never happened yet to us tho.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
When ours goes dry here they do not fill back up .8 to 9 thousand dollars now to drill wells because the only well drillers left here are in NC . 3 -200 ft deep wells here last summer dried up but so far my well has been great since it is over 400 ft deep .Shallow wells were done by the stupid builder and only lasted 3 years or less in a couple cases

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
That would be horrible if they didn't fill back up. Ours aren't very deep here. Only like 40 to 60ft deep. Been here for almost 15 yrs and never ran out yet. But neighbors about a 1/2 mile from us had theirs go dry last summer. He thinks it's cuz they have a big sub-division of homes and too many are using their sprinklers all the time at once. Happened to another home over there also.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
It is 32 here this morning, ice in small containers of water, but that is 3 since frogs started singing 3 weeks ago ... so no more freezing temps, I hope. Beautiful sunrise this morning, which I saw since my pup decided 6:15 was time to wake up on a weekend. Brat! LOL
006.JPG

Temps went up to low 50's, but windy, and drizzly now. But, next few days either sunny or mostly sunny. Yippee!!!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Nice sunrise CE, we are always up before the sun.
Hit 43 this am, snow tonight, 58 tomorrow.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Mowed today ,I really didn't want to but after the rain and the fertilizer I put down last fall and then again last week grass is growing and filling in .I had to edge first but that went fast when not much is growing on the edges yet .Frost last night got my magnolias so all the blooms are brown now

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
I know that looked like a sunset, but it was a sunrise. :) It's amazing how a camera can capture so much more color than our eyes. I didn't alter the pic, just zoomed in on the sunrise.
It was 39 this morning, and with the sun shining and no wind, I was actually outside with just tshirt and pj pants to take a few pics of my ponds for a lady that wanted to see my bogs. Yes, it was chilly, but sooooo nice not to need heavy coat like Sat! Spring IS here in central Illinois, I'm not letting winter come back ... uh uh ... no way!!!! Supposed to be close to or above 70 Tues. - Thurs. My windows are going in tomorrow-Thurs. Woohoo!!!!!! Excited!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Sun is coming out as we speak. Gonna be a nice warm dry day............till tonight when "IT" comes back!

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
52°F today! It's our first day back in the 50s. The next week looks pretty good as far as temps go. A few rain days coming up.

Ask a Question