What is your weather like ... today

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
JW I also see a nice piece of drift wood hiding the liner on the other side. I forgot to also mention that in my little pond out front I sometimes plant trailing plants to hang over and help hide the edge. It looks good already just the way it is, but if you are out and about walking keep your eye out for suitable rocks or driftwood to change it up. :)

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Nice and warm all day and more to come tomorrow. I won't be slaving anymore on this project.
I finished it and flat rocks are no where to be found for free around here and I'm too cheap to buy them.
So liner is not hidden.

IMG_6581.JPG

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
60°F today but windy. I went over to my grandma's house this afternoon. She gave me control of her flower garden so I began to move plants around and cut some down a bit. She doesn't really have the strength to do that type of work anymore so I told her I'd take over, reposition them so the colorful ones are up front. I plan on adding a couple native plants to her garden as well. I think she'll really like Asclepias Tuberosa as well as purple coneflower. I also added gaillardia last year and it'll flower this year so she'll definitely have the color she's been missing.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
got up to 84 today but I still got plenty done But I saw there were bad storms in Texas ,i hope every one is safe there

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Love your new little pond, JW! I assume that little roofed area was already there, and you just dug the pond in the middle, right? Perfect set up for your azolla, and love the mounding effect.
JB, how awesome of you to do that for your grandma. I hope someday I have kids/neighbors/friends to do that for me when I can't do it any longer. Right now, I love fixing and planting things around my yard. :)
Addy, what are those trees that are blooming? OMG, what a gorgeous view as you walk. Can I assume it smells absolutely wonderful as well? If no smell, then the view is outstanding on it's own!
Here's what I planted yesterday (after spending 3 hours with friend setting 60 fence "T" posts), along with some "springtime" pics. I put 2 petunias in each pot (trailing and bush type), verbena, and allyssum. They should look pretty once they fill in and bloom. Trying plastic hanging pots vs. coco liner pots, to see how they differ. Pretty sure the plastic pots are going to require far less water, although I put plastic bags with holes in the bottom in as liners in the coco pots.
005.JPG
007.JPG
022.JPG
026.JPG

Just noticed my parrots feather is beginning to emerge. Woohoo!!!
018.JPG

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Light rain off and on but need to get back down in the basement to finish my projects so rain can come and water every thing .I just want to see green in my lawn and fruit on my trees so mother nature can do what she wants (y):happy:

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
@JBtheExplorer you are such a nice grandson. You should post up how you fixed the garden for your grandma.

@addy1 those trees are so pretty, what a nice place to walk.

@callingcolleen1 yep I think having the little shelf down a few inches w/the rocks got rid of my liner showing problem just right. I did use that piece of flat wood on the back side as a little platform area.

IMG_6585.JPG

@CountryEscape those planters look great and all your blooms and plants are coming alive too now. Yep that covered thing above the Azolla pond was supposed to be our 5 homes mailbox center out on the main road but instead we got the post office to deliver down our dead end cul-de-sac road so we each have our own box in front of our homes now. We claimed the covered deal cuz no one else wanted it and stuck it out back. First it was a bird feeding area till the cats came. I need to add more plants to the open dirt area.

IMG_6583.JPG

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I love that area jw and thought of building similar over the top part of my pond .CE you sure have a green thumb .I wish I had more time but people keep giving me more building projects .Now it is a shadow of an indian motorcycle my brother in law wants for his shed where he keeps his .He is lucky I love him

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
CE those are bradford pears. And they do not smell the best, which is surprising. No bee nectar, they do get a little bit of pollen from them. They are beautiful in the spring and great fall colors.
Great looking planters.

Your little pond came out great JW

We are under flood watch, 2 inches is supposed to fall tonight. Great pond water change over.

No concern for our house and flooding.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
heavier rains now .I just came up from the basement build ,darn both batteries dead on my drill .I could maybe build it jw but not with out help to hold up the boards so guessing i will make a hoop cover

Ask a Question