Whatcha doing today?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I woke to rain! I don’t want any more, this stuff all needs to blow south west! Big thunder directly over head. Pups are crying, I’ll have to go out and make sure fish aren’t over flowing, and calm a bunch of wet pups.
Jamie - you need that Big old Buick to snuggle down in! The pups, some toons, maybe a little libation, and just sit back and listen to the rain on the roof! :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Sadly, that Buick is gone. Transmission issues followed by dads boss dragging a semi trailer down the side... beyond what I could fix by skill and finances. And I’ve got to work today, 4-11pm.
Ended bringing all 9 pups in to dry off and eat, their dad and uncle on the covered porch were being grumpy about sharing dry space with unhappy pups.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I got 4 days off, Yay!!!
smhappydance.gif

Happy 4th everyone!

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Just got back from a local fireworks show.

IMG_4869 copy.jpg

IMG_4877 copy.jpg

IMG_4912 copy.jpg

IMG_4922 copy.jpg

Then I got home and turned on Milwaukee's big firework show just now on TV and they're dealing with fog. Looks like they can at least see the fireworks. A few years back, their entire show was hidden in fog. No one got to see it, but they could all hear it.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We never see any, hear a lot from neighbors but we don't drive to any shows.
The last of the honey was extracted yesterday, today I am doing nothing!

Happy 4th everybody! They are calling for rain and severe t storms this evening, the shows may not go off.

Reaction score
Country
United States
We don't go to see fireworks anymore. We have neighbors who have a pretty good display we can watch from our own driveway.

Temperatures in the upper 80s today, humid and chance of thunderstorms. Yuck! I wanted it to warm up but this is a bit much. We don't get a break from the heat until Sunday. Having asthma makes it hard to breathe in this kind of weather. Will probably stay inside most of the day (thank goodness for air conditioning)

Happy 4th to everyone!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Temperatures in the upper 80s today, humid and chance of thunderstorms.
Hot humid sticky..............wish it was only upper 80's here we have been hitting the low 90's with heat index over 100f. Showing rain for the next week or so.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hot humid sticky..............wish it was only upper 80's here we have been hitting the low 90's with heat index over 100f. Showing rain for the next week or so.

Yea, We are getting the rain too. Which I guess is good. At least I won't need to be outside as long watering my plants.

And seriously, upper 80s or low 90s doesn't make much difference to me. I can't handle any of it. Just walking out the door I can feel the heaviness in my chest. The air feels thick and makes it hard to breathe.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Oh, just had an F-22 fly over the house twice. It was doing flyovers at the parade. Didn't expect to see it from here, but sure enough, it went right over.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Neighborhood potluck and fireworks show tonight. Taking care of g-daughters little piggy Snowflake. I didn't have a blue party horn so green will have to do.

IMG_9188.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I got some more plants planted, herbs, garlic, green onion. Yesterday’s rain put pond on hold, step son has failed to do more than make a big muddy hole, just like I expected. Dog fence is less than half done... I swear I hate the x box, all the guys have been glued to one more often than not. Which is why things are less than done.

Ask a Question