Whatcha doing today?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Look at that nice young non wrinkled non swollen hand! Mine used to be that way!
Mine will be like yours sooner than later. I’ve messed up my wrists, I’ll probably need surgery due to nerve pain, and the joints feel temp changes.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Attempt #2 of a temp pen for Guineafowl. They try to fly, so I’ve got to find a way to cover the top. Cats are going to get a spray from the water hose when they try to mess with them.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Mine will be like yours sooner than later. I’ve messed up my wrists, I’ll probably need surgery due to nerve pain, and the joints feel temp changes.
The tips of my fingers are always numb, my right hand goes numb now and then, good old pinched nerves from doing ultrasound for 40ish years. Lots of repetitive motion damage. And as patients got bigger the damage got worse.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I'm watching the EAA Airventure webcam.

For anyone interested, you also can check out their live air show stream every day through sunday. It goes live between 2pm and 3pm central time and stays live through air show each day. There's also night shows on wednesday and saturday.

Last edited:

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Under severe storm warnings, tornado warnings, wind rain..........The whole house is shaking

Manged to get the hives treated for mites before this stuff rolled in

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Under severe storm warnings, tornado warnings, wind rain..........The whole house is shaking

Manged to get the hives treated for mites before this stuff rolled in

We missed out on some pretty severe storms a couple days ago. There were some strong winds and 9 tornadoes north and west of me.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Woodcutting and chucking it in the truck. Next have to do more splitting and stacking and then that is the last of it till next Spring as the guy said he will be cutting down more trees.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Looks like fun JB!

We just came off a really hot (for us) weekend. A couple of years ago I bought a more efficient window AC unit for the back of the house and never got rid of the old one. The weather people were saying since the middle of last week that we were going to get record-setting, potentially dangerous temps. around here so I decided to do a RNAC install in the shop temporarily. Thursday I found a little ratty table down cellar and mounted the old AC unit on it in the storage (junk) room behind the shop. Set the table so the front of the AC projects into the shop.........

RNAC.jpg

Then filled in the spaces with pieces of rigid insulation......

RNAC I.jpg

It got so cold Saturday at my work bench I had to pull on another shirt and touch off the wood stove! :rolleyes: :happy:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
My lillies bloomed! I have two white ones in bloom now. I wasn’t sure if they would due to all the moving them, splitting them, and repeated fish eating them.

Attachments

• C9ABBF78-0FA8-4E78-B8D3-CFA79F420780.jpeg
    C9ABBF78-0FA8-4E78-B8D3-CFA79F420780.jpeg
    110.5 KB · Views: 84
  • 1BF3D9DF-B235-47C6-9753-B941F824DE69.jpeg
    1BF3D9DF-B235-47C6-9753-B941F824DE69.jpeg
    112.1 KB · Views: 74
  • 455268E5-1AEE-4286-A956-F0030F4DEB41.jpeg
    455268E5-1AEE-4286-A956-F0030F4DEB41.jpeg
    151.4 KB · Views: 77
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Got home from work last night and was informed that MY puppy ( bear in mind, I’m not a dog person, I much prefer cats, and had hoped dad would attach to this pup) My puppy apparently is too smart for his own good, or wants to please me by becoming a cat. The pups keep escaping their fence, 7 go under it, but Mine climbs it like a cat! My husband was very put out by that, I died laughing claiming my black tom is his true daddy, as he’s the only black pup in a litter of 9.
Sigh, my animals are very confused. All the cats act like they’re part dog, following on walks, even sometimes making sounds close to a bark, one kitten plays in water, and now the one pup I want to keep thinks he’s part cat.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Today my hard head broke a ceiling fan. Somehow the fan fell off the ceiling, knocked me upside the skull on the way down, and ruined my plans to finish deep cleaning the carpet. Small cut to my head, I’m fine, but dreading shampooing my hair to get the last of the blood out, oh and the purple wound spray I use on the dogs stings, but I love the color in my hair!
On a good note, we got the guinnys in the old chicken coop, I got the weeding around my tomatoes done, and found I’ve got more fruit on the vines, still need to add pot ash to them, but I can do that tomorrow. Working on the dirty laundy, I’ll stay on that task tomorrow as well. But aside from breaking a chicken waterer, gallon pitcher, ceiling fan, and a large tote, I’ve survived a jinxes day with just one minor head injury!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Finally got my filters put back into the pond. All 3 running great now! Wood all split and stacked in our shed and no more cutting till next Spring.

Ask a Question