Whatcha doing today?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Just went out to check the ponds. Temperature is 41 degrees outside, pond water is 56 degrees. Fish are active and still eating.

My new above ground fancy pond is at 60 degrees (I assume it's warmer than the in ground pond because it's covered) those fish are active and doing well so far.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
@Gemma
Here is both sides
20171028_165637.jpg

Attachments

• 15092243237171951731860.jpg
    15092243237171951731860.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 390
Last edited:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
well nice day clouds and sun and checked all the fluids in all 3 cars .Chi's were running around the back yard barking at the deer in the woods .The deer just ignore them ,poor little bossy guys get no satisfaction in scaring them ..I wish I could do a video or pics but I could be charged with baiting deer if someone see's it .Funny no gun and don't eat meat and it is my woods .I gave them fresh water and another bale of straw to lay on .

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
@bettasngoldfish I'm waiting for the new season of Stranger Things to come back. Love that show!
I heard it's back so I'm checking it out this weekend
I didn't know it was a double sided fireplace...it's awesome!
well nice day clouds and sun and checked all the fluids in all 3 cars .Chi's were running around the back yard barking at the deer in the woods .The deer just ignore them ,poor little bossy guys get no satisfaction in scaring them ..I wish I could do a video or pics but I could be charged with baiting deer if someone see's it .Funny no gun and don't eat meat and it is my woods .I gave them fresh water and another bale of straw to lay on .
I like when you tell us how you tend to the wildlife around you, I can see you in my head as I'm reading your posts, it's really cool!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Well I just got done working in the yard with my husband and 14yr old son, my 17yr managed to escape duty but promised to help out tomorrow...so we got all of the dead plants out of the ground, the flowerbeds are ready for new plants next Spring, and everything looks nice and clean
I took the Taros and Cannas out of the pond, they were both starting to rot, I left the Umbrella Palm cause it didn't have a single yellow leaf, I thought it could still do some good in the pond...it's huge!
@bettasngoldfish my fish are still active and bagging for food also, I'm down to once a day feeding and just a few sticks each

Overall I had a great day! :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
You had a productive day @Gemma ! We had drizzle most of the day, so I was productive in other ways. Hopefully by this afternoon we will have some sunshine. I don't mind the chill when I'm working, but I do appreciate some sunshine! I have some perennials that need to be moved and divided and some bog plants that need to be managed.

I started some seeds a few weeks ago in one of my beds - my first attempt at fall gardening. I'll have some nice lettuces and radishes to harvest in a few weeks! I don't think the cabbages will amount to anything, but it was fun to try.

MoonShadows

The Jam Man
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Today looks like a washout. I already caught up on the books for the business and did inventory of our products. We're cooking some meals for the week. Just taking an easy day.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
@Lisak1 I'm tempted to start lettuce for my 4 pet chickens, but I'm afraid I'm too late cause I hear we could get snow next week

@MoonShadows nothing wrong with a doing nothing day...rest is important

My plan for today is to burlap the Japanese m., Azalea and the Chinese bush (no idea what it's called) then I'll go in the garage where all of my plants waiting to be boxed for winter are, and I'll start to cut back the stalks so that I can box them and bring them in maybe next week

the rest of my day looks like this
smdishes.gif
smlaundry.gif
smvec.gif
smmop.gif
and if I'm lucky I'll squeeze a nap in
smsleeping.gif

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
gemma the best part of it is spring when the new babies are born .So much fun to hear the babies call out maaa .Most of the critters have gotten used to me and just watch me .I guess they know my smell .Last year a fawn came up to the fence to sniff my chihuahuas pee wee and puddles .It was so cute and need to make sure I have batteries for my camera and have it ready for the cute pics .I love it when the dogs think they are being mean and the deer just snuff at them and keep walking
100_9998.JPG

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Gotta cut back Butterfly Bush, mow the lawn, prune Trumpet vine, prune Climbing Hydrangea, clean pond filter one last time before Winter, and yep @JBtheExplorer lastly watch The Walking Dead
upload_2017-10-29_10-4-58.gif

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I will hear the race and that s bad enough .No fan of football and even made it worse with the disrespect .Got some yard work done but the dampness got to me so came in to warm up

Ask a Question