MoonShadows

The Jam Man
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Good day...got some home biz orders packed and out....Dr's. appt....replaced a window...replaced stove hood...replaced rugs in our small warehouse.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a/5b
Happy Halloween. I'm waiting for trick or treaters to ring the bell. I have a ton of candy to unload and I really don't want the temptation of leftovers once trick or treating hours end!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Was waiting for hubby to get back home from the store. He finally called and said a log truck spilled it's load and a cow truck was also involved full of cows. Logs all over the side of road and cows wandering. This happened right before the turnoff to the road up to our hill. I just heard the poor log truck guy had a heart attack. Hope he makes it.
Traffic was a nightmare for everyone around here and into town.
23032738_10155716116054333_4748574582014364773_n.jpg

22894084_2006103479635154_788764932867890966_n.jpg

23032633_10155716146954333_1217138395221497138_n.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Gemma; if you hurry, you might just be able to snag one before they round them all up! At least take home a log, though, hey? Seems jw has a few to spare up her way...

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Gemma; if you hurry, you might just be able to snag one before they round them all up! At least take home a log, though, hey? Seems jw has a few to spare up her way...
Lol I live too far from her and even if I was closer I doubt I could hide a cow from hubby
Logs, I love logs but after 6 months working with them to build the coop, I'll have to pass

Tonight I'll get my new pump, wish me luck in finding one that last longer than 14mos
I told hubby to get at least 6000GPH ...now I'm so nervous

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
okay, well, at least you were given an opportunity to soothe your cow frenzy!

My Danner pump is going on 7 years, so I guess I'd recommend it!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
okay, well, at least you were given an opportunity to soothe your cow frenzy!

My Danner pump is going on 7 years, so I guess I'd recommend it!
lol I just got 4 pet chickens this past Spring, my husband would freak out if he thought I was into cows too

Thanks for the recommendation on a Brand, I text hubby about it, and also he knows @sissy likes Laguna, but I'm not sure what brand they carry at the place he'll have to go to....it'd be nice if stores around here would stay open till at least 6:00pm but most of them close too early for us to get there after work, so unfortunately we just go to whoever is open and are at the mercy of whatever brand they carry
smdunno.gif

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
This time of year you don't really have to worry about a pump and lots of places online have sales and fast shipping

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
If I didn't work I would so get a pet cow!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
So we got the new pump, it's a Tetom hpf Series 6000GPH never heard of this brand, but it came with a 2yr warranty and full refund if there's any issue with it so... lets cross fingers
meanwhile I tested the water and saw ammonia at 0.25 so I decided to do a partial water change while hubby was hooking up the new pump...still filling up

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
one of the reasons I use 2 pumps in my pond always ,if one goes out I won't need to panic .I have 2 lagunas and I looked at energy savings and warranty when I bought plus reviews and both came with a 5 year warranty .So far no problems since 2014 .I pull them and clean them really good inside and out 2 times a year .

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Well we hit 76 today so decided to take of the lilies. Get out the water proof boots, the waders, the grabber, the swimming pool pole. Got kitty litter, fertilizer, ready to go! The lilies were not touched since last summer, btw.

The pond water is 49F! darn cold.

Manage to grab and pull to the edge around 6 or so lilies, go for the ones in the center of the pond, they will not move. I push pull yank tug, finally get hubby and tell him I need help! That man put on the waders, wades out and uses every bit of strength he has to push the lilies to the edge. Poor guy, the water, remember 49F! floods the waders, soaks his shorts.

Between the two of us we manage to drag them out. They had decided to hold root hands, gather muck and make a dirt anchor. They were still blooming. Beyond heavy!

So now I decide to groom all of the lilies, cut off excess tubers, save one or two from each plant, new litter, new fertilizer, next year they won't be so fast to jump the pot. I managed to do 4, tomorrow the rest. we will be 77 tomorrow.

And of course the yellow jackets are buzzing all around me, they love the evergreens near the pond. I pounded on the plants, never got a swarm to come out, so no clue what they where all hanging out there for. I am going to cut all that stuff back once they are DEAD! We need 5-7 days of a high of 45 to kill them off.

My day in a nut shell.................

The ones in the circle were the we are not going to move lilies.
Capture.JPG

Ask a Question