JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
A few days ago, I spent time cutting grass and making hay in Farming Simulator.
PhotoByJB_FarmingSimulator19_20210301_16-53-08 copy.jpg

Today, I'm clearing snow.
PhotoByJB_FarmingSimulator19_20210305_15-24-37 copy.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
Great news @addy1 on getting your first vaccine ! Hubby got his a few weeks ago and I get mine next week :)

Spread a tarp on the driveway and spray painted the conduit black that we use to hold up our wide weave net over the pond. Last year we put it up so quickly and hardly noticed the black net, but the light gray conduit was an eye sore.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Great news @addy1 on getting your first vaccine ! Hubby got his a few weeks ago and I get mine next week :)

Spread a tarp on the driveway and spray painted the conduit black that we use to hold up our wide weave net over the pond. Last year we put it up so quickly and hardly noticed the black net, but the light gray conduit was an eye sore.
while you're in the painting mood, if you also add some random sprays of brown and green, you can make it camouflage! I'm doing that now with some outdoor speakers I plan on putting in my pondhouse this summer...

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
while you're in the painting mood, if you also add some random sprays of brown and green, you can make it camouflage! I'm doing that now with some outdoor speakers I plan on putting in my pondhouse this summer...
Good idea. I'm going to keep these solid black as that's the color of the net, but I am trying to figure out what color to paint some of my white PVC return lines :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I moved one of my metal frames like I did my mini pond in, only this one is for growing potatoes in this year. Then took another one out to my sister, for her to make her own mini pond. Ended up bringing my niece home, then played a bit of dress up. She’s 12, but oh dear god, her body is developing, and the next 6-8 years are going to be rough on the boys! And her mom, myself, dad.... I don’t know if we can afford the bail yet, better start saving up. Luckily she’s still a Tom boy, but I took the time to teach her how to do subtle makeup, and then how to glam it up a little for nighttime/ dates. And I ended up giving her some of the clothes I don’t quite fit anymore, after gaining 30+ lbs the past 5 years. She can fit a size 6 woman’s jeans!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
wide weave net over the pond. Last year we put it up so quickly and hardly noticed the black net, but the light gray conduit was an eye sore.
I ordered a new net, mine after 6ish years, is finally falling apart. It has not arrive yet.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
I ordered a new net, mine after 6ish years, is finally falling apart. It has not arrive yet.
We are supposed to get a big batch of the 17 year cicadas !! I'm wondering if I'm going to need to use my finer weave net to keep them from clogging the pond.......I'm sure it'll be mess in the pool too!!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The net won't stop the bugs it is a new wide weave for the heron
We are supposed to get a big batch of the 17 year cicadas !! I'm wondering if I'm going to need to use my finer weave net to keep them from clogging the pond.......I'm sure it'll be mess in the pool too!!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I am only worried out our nectar producing trees, they are emerging right when the bees do most of their nectar collection. We have only about 6 weeks of good nectar flow here in Md in the spring. We loss a lot of honey production last year due to the late freeze that wiped out the black locust buds.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
@Mike in Vermont , beautiful piece of property !

@addy1 , hoping Spring frosts don't affect your nectar trees.

@mrsclem , Here's hoping they don't end up in the pool or pond.......last time ( 17 years ago ) we were shoveling their smelly corpses off our driveway :(

Painted the white PVC return lines to pond a nice muted matte green, looks very nice:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
How neat! We drive by it, sort of, on our way down there. We end up in Delray Beach when done driving. Are you going to move out of Vermont? Become a Floridian?
To build on the property, we would need to sell the house in Vermont. We have a motor home so we could go somewhere cooler in the summer.

Ask a Question