Batterning down the hatches in the South West "yet again".

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
My goodness Val and I are sat at home listening to the latest storm to hit us , this time with gust from 70 to 80 mph , the windows are flexing as the gusts hit our home head on .
The Passageway outside our home has become a wind tunnel and it is dangerous to step outside risking bing blown off ones feet.
Weve had rain , hail , flooding ,damage to sea walls, a ship wreck in Cornwall after the Trawler was struck by huge waves and its engine room disabled.
We are seeing wetland fresh water nature reserves breached by the sea threatening thousands migrating birds who use these wetlands because the salt water is destroying their food souces .
Thre are trees down, power outs, rail links cut, the somerset levels being flooded by even more water ( visited today by Prince Charles),
Homes and businesses are being flooded in the South West , sink holes opening up destroying a house , one young woman awake to find her car at the bottom as sink hole appearing in a foot path another in the middle of a road.
There has been a news repot of houses threatend by land slips that are in danger of dropping a good 40 ft down a hillside onto houses bellow because of water logging.
The forcast for the rest of the month ???? more of the same, weve never known weather like it .
Weve come to the conclusion Global warming is for real and we in the Western World are to blame and who are now being forsed to watch as the Far Eastern Countries Like China India and others copy our success
Thankfully so far no deaths reported as of yet and we pray non happen.

Dave

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
It's getting a real pain all this bad weather, the ground is sodden and cant dry out.
The garden soil must be so compacted that I doubt we'll see any spring flowers coming up at all.
We cant go on the lawn because of the waterlogging and its a waste of time digging the bads or so our gardener says

Dave

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I think you must have done something over there to piss God off. You are just getting bombarded w/ storms over there. It's just not fair!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Am I going crazy cuz I thought I just replied to this post and now it's gone away. Maybe you posted twice? I hope so for my sanity :confused:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
Hoping you weather the storms ok over there. Sounds terrible. Stay home and be safe.
Been a strange year of extremes for all it seems. I hope this is not the new normal for weather.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
We've been seeing lots of news stories over here regarding your weather, Dave.
Hope it ends for you soon.

I saw Prince Charles being pulled in a boat by a tractor, touring flooded farms.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Am I going crazy cuz I thought I just replied to this post and now it's gone away. Maybe you posted twice? I hope so for my sanity :confused:

The topic was posted twice by accident, and since both had replies I've merged them together (y)

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The weather has been bad everywhere. Hang in the Dave.

Down here we are having record heat, at home pushing record colds.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
By 0330 am last night the storm was at its worst , thankfully today is alott calmer , dreading looking out the back for damage .
There were reports in our local paper this morning of windows being blown in last night "frightening for those it happened too" , plus we had trees down flooding etc

Dave

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Unreal Dave and you keep those hatches battened down! This has got to end soon..............doesn't it?

Ask a Question