Holding place for fish while pond is reconstructed

Reaction score
Well we finally are able to do more work today. The pavers that were in the other pic I sent were too big for the big area so they spent some time cutting them in half and then placing them back on the big area so here is a pic of that. The top stones randomly placed with be removed. Hubs is busy getting the pipe for the big put together right now so will post that once its done. He tells me everything will be completely done by Sunday! I can't figure out why as of late my darn pics look straight on until I upload them and they rotate..making me crazy!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 202
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 257
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 224

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
are they going to stay in place now ,i know mine have a lip to lock them in place .

Reaction score
For sure! They put sixteen bags of pebble rock in the bog and need to add another 2 or 3. I'm off to Nelson Water Gardens tomorrow to get more plants for the bog while they are installing the waterfall. After that's done it's fun time filling the pond and letting the fish in. Only thing on my list for tomorrow is replanting the two lilies that I have so they can go on the ledges. They need to clean up my yard so I can get it looking nice again. How long should I wait until I can add new fish? Just wondering if it needs to cycle through for a few days or a week or so before doing that.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
you have water from your old pond so add new water and some of your pond water to get it going but before you add fish test the water ,

Reaction score
Geez...don't even know what to test for besides chlorine which I know how to handle! I'm going to test once and leave it be after that. I know when I had the first pond we added something called "pond start" which I think gets everything "going".

Reaction score
Waterfall almost complete except for cementing some pieces at the top to avoid any leaks to the right or left of the spill. Bog is done and full of pebble rock and ready for plants soon. Getting close to adding water..can't wait!

Attachments

• newpondwaterfallbog.JPG
    newpondwaterfallbog.JPG
    86.8 KB · Views: 265
  • newpondwaterfall.JPG
    newpondwaterfall.JPG
    74.5 KB · Views: 222

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
looking at pic i hope the liner is going up the waterfall or all the water is going to run off the sides .I can' t tell by the pic but sure do love the rocks

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
can't just put the liner under the waterfall flat .But could he have used a piece of liner going up the waterfall .To keep the water going into the pond

Reaction score
He did put the liner going up the waterfall like I suggested to him this morning because I saw a diagram somewhere on line showing to do it that way. It's only coming off the top large flat piece to the right and left before it spills into the pond so he is cementing those in so the water can't spill out that way. He must have done it that way before because we didn't have any leaks on the previoius waterfall.

Reaction score
So been too long since I was able to post photos of the new pond. Everything is done except adding the flagstone border around the pond. I've been busy making a walkway to the right of the pond, and lifting up each flagstone that was originally everywhere else and cleaning everything up and making it look nicer. Also took out a silly single strip of grass facing the lake on the pond side and putting in plants and mulch. Hubs came up with an idea to cover the pond using bungie cords as I came out one day and the egret was back and on my neighbors roof surveying the pond. Oh..one thing..the water was clear enough after a few days *using that batting* to see the "cave" and rounded rocks at the bottom, but as of yesterday it's gotten so I can't see the bottom at all. What's up with that?? I'm adding pond start as of yesterday which adds benefical bacteria, helping fish coating, aids in clearing up the water, etc. and I think it looks better today.

Attachments

• NEWPONDWALKWAY.JPG
    NEWPONDWALKWAY.JPG
    92.9 KB · Views: 214
  • NEWPONDBOGPLANTS.JPG
    NEWPONDBOGPLANTS.JPG
    54.3 KB · Views: 261
  • fish protection1.JPG
    fish protection1.JPG
    116 KB · Views: 215
  • fish protection 2.JPG
    fish protection 2.JPG
    124.6 KB · Views: 245
Reaction score
more accurate pic.JPGRealized the pic I put up wasn't the last one. This one shows the stones done along the right edge of the bog and shows how clear the water was a few days ago. Any ideas on why all of a sudden I can't see the bottom even though I'm using the batting trick?

Reaction score
Just for fun....sitting in my office the other day and I see a couple of ducks from the lake taking a stroll through my sidewalk down my front walkway. We gave our two kids years ago two baby ducks for easter..raised them and put them out on the lake. Recognized them for a while but then there are so many..you can't anymore.

Attachments

• ducks.JPG
    ducks.JPG
    52 KB · Views: 205

Ask a Question