sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
We love our pets and I consider that a bad comment about us who have pets .We have lost pets to old age and they are our children .even my fish are pets and have names

Reaction score
Country
United States
We love our pets and I consider that a bad comment about us who have pets .We have lost pets to old age and they are our children .even my fish are pets and have names
When I made that post I wasn't referring to you but whatever

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
In some rare occasions lay persons may know more that experts and as I already stated I talked to a nursery owner which told me not to use lilies hyacinth or lotus

And the nursery owner was correct as they were likely referring to the terrestrial plants and not the aquatic plants with similar names. Most nursery owners know very little about aquatic plants because they don't deal with them on a regular basis and they don't sell them.

One site out of all of the links that you have posted list Water Hyacinth as poisonous to Cocker Spaniels. Hardy overwhelming support of what you claim. Since this site is owned and managed by a layperson who, from their own bio, has no formal training in veterinary medicine, Anything read here has to be considered anecdotal. Hardy 100% reliable.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I guess I'm a little confused - if you already have sources that you trust for information regarding pet-toxic plants, then what are you asking us to provide? Why not just check your trusted sources? Or google "pet safe plants". Since you already told us you know how to google.

You are an oddly aggressive first time poster.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Anyone who puts their pets at risk have issues with neglect my animals are loving plants are not I can see who loves animals on this forum and is willing to do research. Unless you are a accredited botanist phd I will make sure I follow what top notch universities tell me.

I missed this one. You are just obnoxious all the way around I guess. Anyone who claims to love animals but is rude to humans has their priorities mixed up. Or so the university experts tell me.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
i dont think we shud drag this and b disrespectful to each other , they may b harmful as some sources said or may not be but if we avoid where we have doubt we wud b safer rather then risking? we will not have disadvantage if we leave doubtful things . apart from the discussion of its toxicity , if i heard some thing is bad for my fish even if its false il have it in back of my mind , i will b careful if i have substitutes i will prefer other things isnt it? i think thats what luscious andria trying to say

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Calm it down everybody or this thread will be closed.

Ask a Question