Keep your one-sided Anti-American forum...

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Kinda sorry I missed his hunting post. I take it it was removed?!
John

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
THE STORY OF MY GUN

Today I swung my front door wide open and placed my Remington 30.06 right in the doorway. I left 6 cartridges beside it, then left it alone and went about my business.
While I was gone, the mailman delivered my mail, the neighbor boy across the street mowed the yard, a girl walked her dog down the street, and quite a few cars stopped at the stop sign near the front of my house.
After about an hour, I checked on the gun. It was still sitting there, right where I had left it. It hadn't moved itself outside. It certainly hadn't killed anyone, even with the numerous opportunities it had presented to do so.
In fact, it hadn't even loaded itself. Well you can imagine my surprise, with all the hype by the Left and the Media about how dangerous guns are and how they kill people. Either the media is wrong or I'm in possession of the laziest gun in the world.
The United States is 3rd in Murders throughout the World. But if you take out just 4 cities: Chicago, Detroit, Washington DC and New Orleans, the United States is 4th from the bottom, in the entire world, for Murders.
These 4 Cities also have the toughest Gun Control Laws in the U.S. ALL 4 of these cities are controlled by Democrats. It would be absurd to draw any conclusions from this data - right?
Well, I'm off to check on my spoons. I hear they're making people fat.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Hang ten, hang out, general chat, jokes, pictures anything you want, within reason lol.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
THE STORY OF MY GUN

Today I swung my front door wide open and placed my Remington 30.06 right in the doorway. I left 6 cartridges beside it, then left it alone and went about my business.
While I was gone, the mailman delivered my mail, the neighbor boy across the street mowed the yard, a girl walked her dog down the street, and quite a few cars stopped at the stop sign near the front of my house.
After about an hour, I checked on the gun. It was still sitting there, right where I had left it. It hadn't moved itself outside. It certainly hadn't killed anyone, even with the numerous opportunities it had presented to do so.
In fact, it hadn't even loaded itself. Well you can imagine my surprise, with all the hype by the Left and the Media about how dangerous guns are and how they kill people. Either the media is wrong or I'm in possession of the laziest gun in the world.
The United States is 3rd in Murders throughout the World. But if you take out just 4 cities: Chicago, Detroit, Washington DC and New Orleans, the United States is 4th from the bottom, in the entire world, for Murders.
These 4 Cities also have the toughest Gun Control Laws in the U.S. ALL 4 of these cities are controlled by Democrats. It would be absurd to draw any conclusions from this data - right?
Well, I'm off to check on my spoons. I hear they're making people fat.

In Canada, the story would go like this:

Leave the gun on the doorstep, mailman delivers the mail, sees the gun, calls the RCMP, the gunowner is arrested and faces up to 5 years in prison for careless storage of a firearm, the owner is the talk of the neighbourhood.
;)

Reaction score
We lived as caretakers on property for a "Sportsmen" club for 14 years, where they had 4 separate gun ranges and an archery range. I could tell you many stories of the gun that happened there, but my most memorable incident didn't happen there, it happened at a clients house in a nearby town. It was memorable because it was one of the most uncomfortable situations I'd ever been in.
I've been a stucco contractor for many years, and I just finished a stucco job for a contractor client who lived near the house I was was stuccoing for him. I only had a bit of work left to do on it and finished it early in the morning and brought my invoice book with me and went over to the clients house to give him an invoice and hopefully collect a check. I rang the door bell and his wife answered, She had a very serious look on her face which might have been my first clue, but she didn't really know me or I her, so I just said I came to see Joe. She called her husband who was upstairs and invited me in. She left me standing there and quickly disappeared into another room where there was another lady and I could see them talking with low voices. I couldn't hear what they were saying but it seemed very serious. Joe soon appeared coming down the stairs and saw me with my invoice book in his hand and all he said was Oh Randy it's you. He paused for a bit, looked at his wife and the other lady talking in the other room and then said come upstairs. So I did. By this point I could tell there was a bit of a weird atmosphere in the house, but had no idea what was going on. After we got upstairs I explained I had finished the stucco job and just was hoping to get a check. Without saying anything he got his checkbook which was sitting on the table and paused for a minute and started crying. At that point I had to say something and asked him if there was something wrong. He said he just lost their son. I knew he had a son working in Peru as a diamond miner, and immediately thought it must be that son and said something to that effect. He said no, it was his 14 year old son who lived with them. He then revealed that he had been shot just the night before. Well people don't get shot much in our neck of the woods, so I was a bit stunned and had to ask what happened. He said all he knew was that his son was playing over at a friends house who was the son of an RCMP officer and that he was shot in the head with a 22 caliber rifle. The son of the police officer said they were cleaning the gun when it went off. But of course they suspected there was more to it then that, but there was nobody else around to collaborate the story so that's all they had to go on.
Anyway, here I am trying to collect some money from some people who'd just lost there son in a terrible accident about 12 hours ago. I felt like an absolute heal. I tried to tell him not to bother with paying right now and how sorry I was for showing up at that time, but while he was telling me the story he was writing the check. He knew there was no way I could have known what happened and insisted I take the check. Boy did I feel like a dirtball walking out of that house after bringing them a bill and collecting a check while they were in the middle of reeling from their sons untimely death just a few hours before. I'll never live that one down.

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada

Ask a Question