Made a offer on the new place today.

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
OMG, Larkin, sooooo glad you and wife were ok! That guy needs to go to prison for sure! To have one accident, flee and hit another head on, he was looking for death. Too bad he didn't achieve it! But, soooo sad for you and the other vehicle he hit previously. This is a really scary thing when drunks drive. When I slid into semi trailer on exit back in March, the drunk driver that also slid to the shoulder ahead, did something similar. He gunned it, got going the wrong way, went past me, hit 2 vehicles behind me on the exit ramp, spun, heading right direction, hit me and then slid backwards under the semi's trailer, right snugged up behind my car. Everything was pretty much slow motion. Then, the jerk had the audacity to say, "I didn't know it would do that!" DUH!!!! He was from the town where I live, .... he just didn't think he'd get caught.
Sounds like when it rains it pours for your life right now, but things will settle down. That's your "3", so things will look up now, and no more problems, at least I would hope! Good luck getting the back line figured out. Otherwise it's nothing for the courts, just get a surveyor both of you agree on, both pay half of his fee, and go with whatever he comes up with! That will settle it forever and ever, especially if you put up a fence to "mark the spot".
lol, CE. one it was a 28 year old girl. she had lost her mom and on friday and it was mothers day. she was all upset and had taken prescription medications. (soma and loratabs) i'm sure she wasn't in the right state of mind to be driving. I'm sure she will have plenty to answer to before the whole ordeal is done. Thank goddness noone was seriously hurt. the driver of the first vehicle she hit and herself took the most injury, but i doubt she felt her injuries until all the drugs wore off. as for the survey, lol i wish it was that simple. just to get a legal survey that can be accepted for the court house is $5000 for me, the other people got their survey done and it cost them $1000 and it can't be submitted as a legal survey due to they didn't get ajacent surveys of other properties done. it's just finally come to the point of give a little to settle a lot. I may regret it later but for now i'm ready to cut my losses and just put the fence up where I KNOW we will be safe. Like I told the neighbors, we can always plant some trees or bamboo and get some more privacy and sound bbreaking between us and they can use the extra land for their kids to put the trampoline and small pool they have as long as neither of us puts anything that is a permenant structure there shouldn't be any real problems.
Glad you're both ok Larkin.
thanks Gary, yes we are fine, suzanne got a bruise on her elbow and i was stiff and sore for a day or two but other than that we walked out so we are very thankful for that!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Sorry you were in that bad accident but sure glad you both are fine! Too much stuff happening to you right now but gosh it can only get better now. Hope you get a nice enough truck to make up for the loss of your original and glad you can settle the property thing w/ just an agreement w/ the neighbors. Your idea sounds reasonable to me. Guess it's good too that you can fix the swim pool at the old place yourself anyways!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Those fish are really unique, Fishin! I expecially like the black and orange buggy eyed one, although I don't care for them myself and would not be able to keep them in my pond, I'm thinking, with it freezing.
Your baby koi are growing well, and after seeing several of yours that are black with orange heads and some orange on their bellys, I'm really hopeful that the black with orange head baby I spotted this evening in the koi pond is actually a koi baby, and not goldfish. Hopefully this will be the last year I have to wonder about that. Just have 3 more goldies to get out of the koi pond, and then any babies I'm not sure about. Next year it should be strictly koi in the koi pond. I did see the big orange/yellow koi spawning, so know that at least she laid some eggs, although I never saw them!
I put 4 very small fantails shubunkins in my goldfish pond, and have spotted 3 of them in the last 2 days, so hoping they are all still doing well! Good luck with all your new babies!

fishin4cars

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
LOL, I see I haven't posted in this thread in a while. for those that haven't seen the new guys in my showcase theread that CE is refering to here a a few pics.
CE, I'm in the same boat, right now I have Goldfish babies and Koi babies all showing up in the pond. We found a new baby today I can't get a picture of yet but it's quite different than the rest of the Goldies I have, It's got jet black eyes, a peach face, blushing gills, and a pepper sprinkle of black near the base of the tail. Oh and it has long fins. It's almost 2" long already and is just starting to feed with he bigger fish. I'm just dreading getting all the brown ones out of the pond. I would say I have at least 6-8 and I don't want any of them to breed back to the fish I have. Hopefully next year I'll be able to say the same thing, Koi will be in the Koi pond, goldies will be in the lily pond. LOL Oh and Thanks, Good luck with you new babies as well.

Attachments

• 7-7-2012 007.JPG
    7-7-2012 007.JPG
    28.7 KB · Views: 264
  • 7-7-2012 027.JPG
    7-7-2012 027.JPG
    45.2 KB · Views: 231
  • 7-7-2012 031.JPG
    7-7-2012 031.JPG
    39.6 KB · Views: 251
  • 7-7-2012 041.JPG
    7-7-2012 041.JPG
    42.8 KB · Views: 216
  • 7-7-2012 043.JPG
    7-7-2012 043.JPG
    28.5 KB · Views: 229
  • 7-7-2012 023.JPG
    7-7-2012 023.JPG
    49.1 KB · Views: 218
  • 7-7-2012 034.JPG
    7-7-2012 034.JPG
    59 KB · Views: 231
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Thanks for posting them here! I commented to get this thread going again, as I follow your other thread and the new pond build ... WOW!!! Those last pics during the rain look soooo inviting ... I evidently cannot beg for a rain here. Someone less than 5 miles from me got 4" yesterday, I got maybe 10 drops. Oh well, nice to see other's getting the rain.

whiskey

Always trying to perfect something fishy
Reaction score
THANKS CE ....WISH IT WOULD GO AWAY....JUST FOR TEN DAYS....SO TO GET LINERS IN AND TOP BRICKWORK/SLABS DONE.
WE ARE LIKE THE BLUES SINGER.......MUDDY WATERS........OR ......BUDDY HOLLY .....SLIPPING AND A SLIDING.

RAIN RAIN GO AWAY....COME BACK ANOTHER DAY ......JUST NOT TODAY :LOL:

fishin4cars

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Whiskey, Oh do I know the feeling. When we didn't need rain it rained almost daily, then I got to a point that it didn't matter if it rained and it didn't rain much at all. Pulled the liner to do some work and of course you know it would rain. Finally we are getting rain when we need it. It's been super dry and hot for the last month and we have been under burn bans for the last week or so, they lifted them today but we are still under extreme heat conditions so I doubt I'll be doing any burning around here for a while.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Hey, guys, ever wonder what new thing will be "it" in say 100 years? Maybe someone will create a way to "share" weather. I have hot and dry, I can share it with someone that is cool and wet! Wouldn't that be great! :) I know, wishful thinking ....

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Larkin, just looked at your new photos in your Showcase. Your fish looked like they were racing to the edge, pretty sure "Dad" is going to feed them! I love how you made the small deck over the edge of the pond, makes it like a sheltered area for the fish, especially in the heat we all had lately! And, someday, I will build a pond with huge flat rocks along the outer edge like you did. That's gorgeous! I can't imagine the cost, but someday I will have that! You can tell you have had ponds for a long time, it sure shows in now only the plants, but the design of these ponds.
And, your large pond was so still everything reflected from it, and I'm sure you took the pics because of that reason . Very pretty and so serene looking!

fishin4cars

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
CE, It's funny, You would think I wouldn't harm a fish with all that I keep but I love to fish. One of the reasons i really wanted the place. In the evenings it's my get away time. I just happened to have the camera so I could try and get some shots of the baby herons and was fishing at the same time. I happened to be on the opposite side of the pond than I normally photograph and the pond was slick as glass and it just made for great lighting and a good shot.
On a side note, You may remember that we lost our beloved chocolate lab Johnny man back in may. Well this is Drake, We adopted him this last weekend. He's the newest addition to the farm. LOL Might as well be a horse, he sure eats like one! He's 9 months old and weighed 66# when we picked him up from the original owners that weren't able to spend the time needed for this super energetic guy. . I'm betting he's gained 10# since Last saturday. He should have, He's eating me out of house and home! LOL

Attachments

• baby heron 034.JPG
    baby heron 034.JPG
    66 KB · Views: 267
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    70 KB · Views: 232

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Man you really have a nice convenient place to fish Larkin! I mean how much easier can it get,lol! Love your new pup, he looks happy, like his smiling face shows!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Wait a minute ... hold on!!! Did you say you have baby herons on your pond, and you're happy? LOL I love it!!! That is the one bird everyone on her wants to keep off their property. I'm like you, though, if any heron comes to my farm pond, it's fair game. Come to my backyard koi and goldfish ponds, and I'll have to resort to scaring it away with my 9mm. :) I wish you could get some pics of the baby herons. If they are in the pic above I sure could not see them.
Drake sure sounds like a horse to me, too! I bet he's one happy boy, with all that property to run around on, and ponds to jump into ... well I bet he's allowed to go swimming in the BIG pond anyhow!
Thanks for the update on Houdini! Glad to hear he's happy and growing up!
My bigger painted turtle was in the bog this morning. I was sitting on the deck, drinking my coffee, spotted something in the bog moving pretty stealthly, thought it was the Loch Ness Monster! LOL Nope, jump the painted turtle, walking to the edge, then over the rocks and back into the koi pond. Wonder if he is the reason I don't see any tadpoles in that bog! :-(

fishin4cars

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
CE, I have a whole thread going on the herons at the pond, but just in case you haven't seen it here's a few just for you.

Attachments

• baby heron 012.JPG
    baby heron 012.JPG
    139.4 KB · Views: 224
  • baby heron 018.JPG
    baby heron 018.JPG
    118.9 KB · Views: 196
  • more heron 013.JPG
    more heron 013.JPG
    113.6 KB · Views: 253

Ask a Question