Need smart computer person!!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
All my computers updated alright.
I stay away from wireless as much as possible.
Even with no recent updates I find wireless will sometimes give up the ghost, so I went to wired connections everywhere.
On our trip to the US this past week, I used a VPN service for our mobile devices - patience was the order of the day....:rolleyes:

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have my lappy wired via ubs-ethernet connector. So can't blame that for the problems.
I had been working on it this am, just walked away to make breakfast, came back to a blue screen and a constant BSOD loop.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
We've never had any problems w/the Windows updates on our desktop Dell computers we've had for a few yrs. My hubby is hooked up to the wireless router from Comcast and mine is cable connected to the router. I think @addy1 just got a bad computer w/issues and they should get her a new one. Costco and Dell need to come clean and do the right thing. I also have a little net book and hubby has an Ipad type one w/no update issues using wireless either.
Simply ridiculous to have to keep messing w/that laptop wasting time and having to redo everything every time there is a Windows update.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Yeah convince these corporate peeps that is the right thing to do...................I have had dell off and on for years, no issues, this computer when it is running runs very clean and fast.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
So it only does the BSOD when you do a Windows update? If so sounds like a conflict of some sort which I have no idea what it would be. The poor thing does not like change.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
It has been happening about every 1.5 to 2 months. I have not tied it to a update, that is what they are saying.
The error I am getting now says hardware, but that was with older computers, not win 10, so not sure if the error is right.

I am doing research right now on the error ..http://www.tech-faq.com/0x0000007e.html
0x0000007e

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Idk, You might not be only one. I guess there might be bigger plot.:cautious:

Windows inject update for all, so people will get their new software, then comes computer company, they want their new hardware to be sold, they stop providing compatible software to keep the old computer working with newer windows.:eek:

They all mess things up bad, we have to suffer or buy latest computer which makes windows and computer company happy.

That what I think!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Wish it was a OLD lappy , at this time it is not even a year old. Manufactured 11/16. Well almost a year old.

You are right it is a conspiracy!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I would not like to have to be dealing w/this issue as your computer has been having issues since shortly after you bought it. I hope someone can help you and do something right by you. They are just putting you off so you will run out of warranty I'm thinking. Time to talk w/the big boss if you can find his/her hiding place either Costco or Dell.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Addy. I had this same problem a few years ago when a windows update really messed up one of our work computers. I have a computer guru we use occasionally. He had to update one of the drivers and it has worked fine ever since. I could have never figured out to do it myself because the update had to be done in DOS.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
They have updated every driver on this lappy x 3 and updated chipsets x 3, video driver x 2, network driver x3 reinstalled win 10 x 2 They have dialed in and done the updates, I have watched to see what they were doing also all saved to the download folder. I have gone onto the site to see if my lappy needs any new drivers, per dell site all is updated and just peachy.

It works for around 2 months then blows up again. Wish a fix would fix it.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Well got a call from the corporate office, they are sending a box with return label for me to send in the lappy. Got very little on it since I have restored a few times in the last few months.

I have a print out of a email.................."However, please don't worry as the steps which we have performed this time should fix the issue for once and all."

I am sending in with the lappy all the communications I have had with them around 25 pages worth.

I now have a high up contacts info, if they do what repairs they do and it fails again....................well you know what will be raised!

Ask a Question