"Sport Hunting"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
You have a right to bear arms true my friend but that was to stop Red indfians from raiding your hoeses etc and us dang British from invading you again and is dumb we are your friends.
Police officers in the UK dont carry guns true only specialized units but we dont have the gun crime we see in the US .
I dont think god would approve of hunting its destroying his creation but please explain the use of tactical police weapons and weapons of war on sale in a hunting store to hunt deer with [are they too armed ]?
I know how to use a weapon I had the crossed rifles of a marksman in the military so I know that weapons like them should only be used in anger nothing else .
Look at all the killings through guns your country has dont you think if access to guns was limited then the killings would either stop completely or slow it down .
As to police not carrying guns My stepfather Allan is a retired officer aged 70, he is still capable of arresting a person he arrested a 220 year old a few months back for vanalizm the guy attacked him and ended up on the floor arrested so its not dumd to leave the police weaponless as they are trained to handle themselves in the UK apart from the specialized marksmen for gun crimes.
If you navigate the website you will also find submachine guns , browning macine gns etc pray tell me why you need those ?

Dave.

Your country has 60 milion people. The US has 325 million and that is the people who are here legally. That doesn't include the illegals who carry out a good amount of crime....you can't compare your country to the US. The United States has the highest trained police officers in the world. There are more than a million sworn police officers in the US alone. Guns don't pull their own triggers, bad men and women pull the triggers to commit the offenses. Police officers are armed because criminals are armed. You don't bring a knife to a gun fight. Maybe if your police officers were armed the British soldier who was beheaded in the street in broad daylight by the Muslim extremist would have been shot and killed. The regular police officers had to stand around and watch it happen because they didn't have guns to stop him. It takes too long for a special unit to respond on scene sometimes. You ask why they make high powered assault rifles and such? Maybe the same reason they make Ferrari's, Lambourghini's, and Aston Martin's that do 200mph when most of the speed limits are 55mph...I never heard of legistation to ban super cars after deadly accidents but you always hear of legislation to attempt to ban guns after a criminal commits a crime with a gun he didn't even possess legally. Criminals will always be able to get their hands on guns. All strict gun laws do is take the guns out of the hands of law abiding citizens that have the right to possess them..

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
British Police pride themselves on not being armed watching your officers arrest a person we see the criminal such as the black lady who wouldnt get out of her car being abused , we see other criminals mobbed by the police , it takes to officers in the UK .
Last I heard the American police officer has a great deal of respect for the British police officers no guns stance .
Why buy these high powered assault rifles ?
Our speed limit is 70 mph in Europe they have differing speed limits and in Germany on the Autobahn the last I heard you can provided you can control the car floor it .
Dont bring the death of the British soldier into it my friend that was a one off they are doing life fo it and they werent extremists just criminals calling themselves muslim.
Lawabiding citizens will do horiffic things with guns both here and in the US , do you know the exact number murdered in the US by gun crime it makes for interesting reading owning a gun makes you more vunerable to being killed :-

http://smartgunlaws.org/category/gun-studies-statistics/gun-violence-statistics/

Enough said my friend guns are dangerous full stop

Dave

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Not to get in a political debate, I just want Dave to understand the here in the US guns are many peoples hobby. That's why exotic guns are available. I have a co-worker who talks about gun technicalities all day, has machine shop dedicated to his hobby. Many of us, including myself don't blame guns for anything, they're just metal and plastic. The cowards who carry out most of the violence with a gun would most likely find another way of disrupting society. Seems like stabbings are up in my city. Headlines this morning report one shooting, one stabbing, you pick. I have a gun, haven't shot it in several years but it used to be fun to go out and practice marksmanship.
I have a feeling peter as strong as the gun lobby is in the US one or two more serious incidents involving guns and they will change the law on them its a question of time thats all .

Dave

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
I have a feeling peter as strong as the gun lobby is in the US one or two more serious incidents involving guns and they will change the law on them its a question of time thats all .

Dave

We have this thing in the United States called a Constitution. The 2nd Amendment gives citizens the right to bear arms. No matter how many gun incidents occur by criminals guns will always be here. Some of the liberals in this country wish there wasn't a constitution because they believe in big government but nothing supercedes the constitution. By the way police officers in the US think its ridiculous that the UK police officers don't carry a firearm. Not sure where you last heard that.....there's a reason why there is 325 million people in the US and 60 million in the UK. Our state of California has 40 million documented people alone not counting how many illegal Mexicans that are there....The dream of people all over the world is to come to the US and live in freedom and many risking there life to get here.
There are 3 types of people. Sheep, Sheep Dogs and Wolves. Sheep Dogs herd and protect the sheep from the wolves that pray on them. Believing owning a gun makes you more vulnerable in being killed is the thought process of a sheep. I bet you will be the first one calling for the sheep dog when the wolf comes crying at your door.

Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
The idea we are at the top is irrelevant and as @Dave 54 said go in those woods unarmed and see what happens. There is plenty to eat you dead or alive or kill you at the least. Humans are the invasive species period. It is clear in the evo records that we came last.

Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
We have this thing in the United States called a Constitution. The 2nd Amendment gives citizens the right to bear arms. No matter how many gun incidents occur by criminals guns will always be here. Some of the liberals in this country wish there wasn't a constitution because they believe in big government but nothing supercedes the constitution. By the way police officers in the US think its ridiculous that the UK police officers don't carry a firearm. Not sure where you last heard that.....there's a reason why there is 325 million people in the US and 60 million in the UK. Our state of California has 40 million documented people alone not counting how many illegal Mexicans that are there....The dream of people all over the world is to come to the US and live in freedom and many risking there life to get here.
There are 3 types of people. Sheep, Sheep Dogs and Wolves. Sheep Dogs herd and protect the sheep from the wolves that pray on them. Believing owning a gun makes you more vulnerable in being killed is the thought process of a sheep. I bet you will be the first one calling for the sheep dog when the wolf comes crying at your door.
I love my guns but they are for protection only. The right to bear arms is to protect against tyranny and nothing more.

Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
This is the arms I bear...

DSCN1989.JPG
DSCN1991.JPG
DSCN1997.JPG

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
What makes you think that you would have to save us one day?

Do you think your country is capable of handling a full scale attack? I think not....

Your military only has 68,000 active personnel and your defense budget was cut 5.5 billion since 2012....and your military doesn't have the technology and training to fend off a full scale attack

The US spends your yearly defense budget in less than a week and your country has been relying on the US to protect them for far too long. I actually dont have a problem with that. Just dont act like your country is powerful enough to defend itself. Be happy and grateful instead of arrogant and defensive that you have the world's superpower to your south to bail your ass out of a jam if it ever happens...

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
The

The constitution was written up when back in the 1700's they had no idea about the weapons of today , I too have everyright to own a gun here in the UK however I choose not too for one its a pain in the ass getting registered more restrictibve than the US..
2012 we got broken into by a 38 year old Junkie, the feelings that gave me where this " I would have killed him had I caught him", he wasnt armed , I would have gone to prison for undue reasonable force had I shot him .
Being an honset person I wouldnt have survived in prison, however kicking ten barrels of shit out of him so he would remember his visit to our home however is classed as reasonable force and he would have gone to prison .
They caught him three weeks later and he was imprisoned for three and a half years , he likes to strike proprties hes hit before thats his MO so I'll be ready for him should he turn up again and I will kick the bejesus out of him should he try.
The police told me they are in a flight not fight mode when they break into properties and dont have weapons
With guns once hes shot in anger hes dead yes, so why should I go to prison for that scumbag, I was trained to take life I choose not too so I have a choice between living with a clear heart knowing I havent done the ultimate and killed an though not a praticing Christian I've turned the other cheek on numerous occaisions in my life as Christ taught us all.
Besides theres not much difference between me and him I take morphine daily to live pain free he takes a derivative of the same drug for what to get high t least mines a controlled substance and should I become addicted to it which will happen, they can at least help me reduce the dose and change the prescription sadly for him he has no options but to go cold turkey which many of these junkies are scared to do at least in prison for his crime gives him that option
Its like two faces of the same drug one that helps and one that destroys so which am I sheep wolf or somethining more powerful I cannot and will not kill call me a pasifist if you wish it give me the moral high ground on you my friend .
I loved to visit America when I used to visit with the Navy, sadly the America I see nowadays frightens me
End of discussion from me this isnt my thread

Dave

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question