Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
Do you think your country is capable of handling a full scale attack? I think not....

Your military only has 68,000 active personnel and your defense budget was cut 5.5 billion since 2012....and your military doesn't have the technology and training to fend off a full scale attack

The US spends your yearly defense budget in less than a week and your country has been relying on the US to protect them for far too long. I actually dont have a problem with that. Just dont act like your country is powerful enough to defend itself. Be happy and grateful instead of arrogant and defensive that you have the world's superpower to your south to bail your ass out of a jam if it ever happens...

The only reason any other country would want to attack North America is to attack the USA.
I'm not being arrogant or defensive, but there is no power on this planet that is capable of conducting an effective attack on North America.
Sleeping with a gun under your pillow doesn't make a person feel safer, it makes them afraid of every bump in the night.
The biggest threat to our security is guns from the US finding their way up here.
The sight of guns in a home is not a settling feeling.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
The only reason any other country would want to attack North America is to attack the USA.
I'm not being arrogant or defensive, but there is no power on this planet that is capable of conducting an effective attack on North America.
Sleeping with a gun under your pillow doesn't make a person feel safer, it makes them afraid of every bump in the night.
The biggest threat to our security is guns from the US finding their way up here.
The sight of guns in a home is not a settling feeling.

According to the web site of the Canadian Security Intelligence Service (CSIS), "with the exception of the United States, there are more terrorist groups active in Canada today than in any other country in the world."

Reaction score
there is no power on this planet that is capable of conducting an effective attack on North America.
What do you mean by "effective"?
According to the web site of the Canadian Security Intelligence Service (CSIS), "with the exception of the United States, there are more terrorist groups active in Canada today than in any other country in the world."
What do you mean by "active"?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
Now how about those Garden Ponds.....

That's what I was thinking, but I always enjoy a healthy discussion.:)

I'm pretty sure that Yemen, Somalia, Iraq, Pakistan, ect. stopped counting terrorist groups long ago....
Besides, Canada is not the target, the USA is.

A couple of countries may be able to fire off a couple of ICBM's towards the USA, but it won't be very effective. Maybe one gets lucky.
Didn't China just reveal some aircraft destroyer bomb that they could launch from space?

The US has a military 10 times the size of any one else.
I'm under no illusions there.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a

What do you mean by "active"?

An active terrorist group is an organized group involved in the planning of carrying out terrorist attacks or involved in funding terrorist organizations. The goal is the calculated use of violence (or threat of violence) against civilians in order to attain goals that are political or religious or ideological in nature; this is done through intimidation or coercion or instilling fear. Most of the funding is carried out through legitimite businesses and handed off to separate terrorist cells. An active terrorist group is commonly referred to as a "Cell"...

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
@Jersey_Marine what dont you understand about enough being said on this subject ?

Dave

Obviously the last few posts didnt't involve you as you see who was involved in the discussion. You chose to exclude yourself from the discussion and that was your choice. Mind your own business

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
@Jersey_Marine what dont you understand about enough being said on this subject ?

Dave

You excluded yourself, it's not up to you to tell people to stop talking.

Obviously the last few posts didnt't involve you as you see who was involved in the discussion. You chose to exclude yourself from the discussion and that was your choice. Mind your own business

Please don't be rude.

Aimed at no one in particular: I've been keeping a close eye on this topic, and there have been several instances of borderline behaviour. If you want to participate in a debate then I am happy for it to take place, but please be respectful of other people's points of view. Expressing an opinion is one thing; Demanding that everyone accept that you are right is quite another, and there is no need to get offended when people don't.

peter hillman

Let me think for minute....
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3-5
Country
United States
As a man you should have the survival instinct... should the supermarket close for good then yes something will die. Otherwise I have not the desire nor necessity to kill.
Sorry, I need to do this..
I was up my the burrito stand at daybreak today when THIS beauty showed up! I was trembling as I reached for my custom gauge wallet and squeezed off a buck. POW, and it was all over in a spit second, I became the victor, the master of my destiny. Anybody know how to sex these things??
:):D:p:cool::):rolleyes:
001.jpg

Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
Sorry, I need to do this..
I was up my the burrito stand at daybreak today when THIS beauty showed up! I was trembling as I reached for my custom gauge wallet and squeezed off a buck. POW, and it was all over in a spit second, I became the victor, the master of my destiny. Anybody know how to sex these things??
:):D:p:cool::):rolleyes: View attachment 86062
That looks like it might be dimorphic lol

Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
You excluded yourself, it's not up to you to tell people to stop talking.

Please don't be rude.

Aimed at no one in particular: I've been keeping a close eye on this topic, and there have been several instances of borderline behaviour. If you want to participate in a debate then I am happy for it to take place, but please be respectful of other people's points of view. Expressing an opinion is one thing; Demanding that everyone accept that you are right is quite another, and there is no need to get offended when people don't.
If needed you can take the post down and I apologize for starting a post with a topic that is controversial.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
If needed you can take the post down and I apologize for starting a post with a topic that is controversial.

Its in general chat. Nothing wrong with a friendly debate. It's healthy...i don't get offended by a difference in opinion unless it impedes on my patriotism towards my country. I joined the United States Marine Corp. at 18 years old to defend the freedoms of my country and the freedoms of those who live in tyranny around the world. It just strikes a nerve when I hear people criticizing the US when everyone around the world knows the US is the first to fight for the freedom and liberation of others and donates billions to other countries on a yearly basis. Like it or not the United States is the worlds superpower. People can have their opinion of the US but when the wolf comes crying at their door they are happy to know the US has is their to save their backside....I didn't get offended by anyone in the thread. I enjoy combating opinion with undisputable fact....

Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
Debates are not about who is right, they are about sharing opinions and listening to what other people have to say and learning from them.

I also feel this is relevant here... :D

funny-pictures-auto-comics-internet-387582.jpeg
Tim must take medication Lol ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question