STARTING TO HATCH

Reaction score
I was just looking at the Intex pools... the 10' and 12' ones are only 30" deep, but holy cow are they short money! The Sears website has them on sale! Wishing I wasnt broke this week as I would order now!

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
ordered brine shrimp flakes to try feeding the fry...they love them.. i'm real glad since i bought a pound of them.
SANY1892.jpg

SANY1891.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
That's a lot of brine shrimp!!! We have tons out here with the Great Salt Lake (it's the only living creature in that water that I know of) and I can smell them from time to time wind the wind direction shifts :(

I wonder if someone could just go out there with a big net to get fishie treats :ideacyclops:

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
O.K... this may be my imagination but i dont think so .....i think i've had a good number of fry stolen.i found my fry (aquarium) net. not where i keep it and i swear it appears that a large number of fish have vanished...not dead floating, or on the bottom...gone!... maybe i better lock the gate! altho a 3 or 4' chain link fence isnt exactly hard to jump.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
ive not seen a frog in the fry pond in a while now...i took all but one frog to the creek. and it would gave had to been a BIG FROG...I'm talking it looks like a hundred fry disappeared.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Sounds like a fish napping to me...........Especially if your sure your net was moved!

Reaction score
Apples and oranges, but we had someone try to steal our fountain a few months ago (til they found out how heavy she was)... She is now in the backyard... All I can say is God help any SOB who goes into my backyard! Someone is almost always here, as well as a nosy & noisy big dog... Depending on whom is home will decide WHAT item(s) the yard is defended with!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
That sucks! koiguy, sorry to hear that. We have great neighbors that pay attention. And I am almost always here, with loaded guns.............

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
YEAH..MY FAULT..THE FRY POND IS LIKE 3 STEPS FROM THE GATE...PLAIN VEIW...CHAIN LINK FENCE...COULDNT BE EASIER. I EVEN KEEP A LARGE AQUARIUM NET HANGING THERE... WINDOWS ARE ALL CLOSED,AIR CONDITIONING IS ON! STILL BAKING HOT AROUND HERE...103* TOMMOROW.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Must be someone that knows the value of koi fry too, and your pretty babies caught their eye.

Ask a Question