I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Glad to hear the good news on Val Dave!
Have a nice visit w/ her today and hope she comes home soon!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Have just gotten back from the hospital and am pleased to repot Val is taking muller Lite yogurt already which is ahead of time .
This is really good as it means that she may come home earlier than we thought .
I was ordered home to get some much needed sleep Val could see I was totally done in , so tonight I promise I will go to bed early :)
Will report progress whn I go up to see her tomorrow

Dave;)

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Wonderful progress she is making Dave. Now you need to get your rest so you can wait on your queen when she arrives home to her palace

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Today Val was eating cottage pie when I got to the hospital along with a little strawberry ice cream much to say I'm really proud with her progress.
This is on the doctors orders so hopefully she should be home with us early next week
In the mean time I'm getting the house ready doing a bit at a tiime so as not to aggrevate my own disabilities realizing I wont be any good to help with Val if I do .
I managed to get our normal water change and filter maintenance done this morning again doing things a bit at a time and used the evening visiting hours to see her rather than the afternoon,

Dave

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Good to hear she is making such good progress. You are a good hubby Dave keeping the house nice and keeping up w/ the pond stuff also. Keep up you strength and take time to rest so you don't wear yourself out :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Thanx j.w.
Sorry for the delay in m reports as to Val's progress the monitor on the PC has given up the ghost had to wait till I went up the hospital today to get the laptop Val' was using for games ,.
Anyway todays update , I am pleased to report as of 18:30 hrs tonight Val is a free woman the hospital says sjhe could cme home :)
Much to say I am so very pleased .

Dave :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
After recieving a PM please forgive my absence its just that we are trying to find our feet after Val's surgery.
Quite alot has changed not in our relationship but in our respective lives , we are on what I can term a steep learning curve at present and its gong to take a wee while to get things sorted out .
The main one being food and Val's change in dietery needs over that of mine .
There is also healing to be done ,I totally lost it today when the Taxi firm we have used for over a decade tried to stiff me for extra money so that Val doesnt have to climb into a vehicle but slide seamlessly into one , I was told nby the controler that its as seven seater so e pay the difference (weve traveled in them many times without thiextra charge ).
I went into protective mode and blew , I mean jesus I spent over £100 last week going backwards and forwards to the hospital , we even came home in that exact vehicle on Val's discharge how dare they !!!!!!.......
All the drivers we know agree the controlers areout of touch .
Anyway one of them is going to take them to one side to sort of put them in touvch for us lol.
Val did well shopping and got a bit of exersise designed to reduce her weight sowly but surely but is feeeing a little tired after her first outing and has gone for sleep .
She thaks you all again for your kindness and thoughs

Dave

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Ih great and sounds like she is really heeding the doctors advice and she will be on track fast .sorry to hear about the taxi service and hope they do good by you .Here for disabled and seniors they have a bus service that has all the handicap stuff to help you get where you are going .They take you to doctors and shopping and you can pay 1 time use of 50 cents or by the month 5 dollars for as many times as you need it .You just call and they stop and pick you up and take you where ever you need .There are other passengers so gives people a chance to socialize also .I like that they provide well for seniors and handicapped here and don't mind the tiny bit extra added to my taxes as 1 day maybe I will need it and hope it is still in place then .

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Ah, that's a shame about the taxi service -- there's always someone who wants to set their own rules, but good for YOU for standing your ground, Dave! Val is lucky to have you, that's for sure!

You guys take it easy during this transition time! It's easy to get impatient and want things [like recovery and getting over the "learning curve"] to speed up, but I'm sure you know that if you try too hard, too fast, it's sure to lead to set-backs.

How's the weather there these days? Here in the US, depending on where, things are starting to warm up and SPRING is in the air. If that's the case where you are, this will be great timing for Val to get out and enjoy the outdoors a little.

Ask a Question