Val is going into hospital

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Ih great and sounds like she is really heeding the doctors advice and she will be on track fast .sorry to hear about the taxi service and hope they do good by you .Here for disabled and seniors they have a bus service that has all the handicap stuff to help you get where you are going .They take you to doctors and shopping and you can pay 1 time use of 50 cents or by the month 5 dollars for as many times as you need it .You just call and they stop and pick you up and take you where ever you need .There are other passengers so gives people a chance to socialize also .I like that they provide well for seniors and handicapped here and don't mind the tiny bit extra added to my taxes as 1 day maybe I will need it and hope it is still in place then .
Sissy thats a damn good idea , the disabled b they have an invisable disability or a visible one tend to get marginalized here in the UK and boy doesnt our present govrnment know it, there has been hell to pay or being disabled of late , they have fostered the idea that we are all benifits cheats leading to some disabled being spat upon even attacked in the street , in reality there are just 1% of cheats out there out of 6 million disabled benefit claiments , hell no-one wants to be disabled both Val and I had good jobs at one time , yet they still dont get it the genuine year on year getprogressivly worse we have reams of medical reports , rather than stress folk out:( sending them to medicals that are highly suspect run by a private company called ATOS (I believe they may have been kicked out of the US), that give results where disabled people have been passed as fit (who died two weeks later plus many other wrong calls were 40% of those who went to tribunal won back their disabled benifits "why not smply check their hospital records" at much less cost and grief to the disabled person.
I sent my yearly ATOS mdical questioner back for them to assess three months ago now and still nothing .:(
However I digress we are taking this first two weeks slowly Val starts Physio in March so only then will things get back to normality but weight wise you can see it taking effect already around my waist not Vals ;) that will come later for Val but the weight oss they estimate will be 70% over 6 months for Val :)
he, he,he...;) I've just found out its pancake tuesday on my Birthday this year and Val just happens to make the second best panackes next to my dear Mum , she has also bought me the Doctor Johnson koi Health and Disease "beginer to Advanced life saving Technology " book Cool :).

Dave

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
'm a tad worried Cal was feeling cold all day yesterday problem is I dont know if this is normal or not.
I trnedthe fire up nd covered her in a blanket and have said to Val if this carries on then I;m duty bound toget int ouch with our GP.
I've had a total of 11 operations i my time and have never had problems afterwards in controling my body tmperature .
However each person is different , tonight I've put the electric blanketon its top etting so thatshe'll feel warnmer .

Dave

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Hope all is fine Dave. Make sure she does not have a fever, that makes you feel cold.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I agree -- check her temp. A temp of 100.4º F is considered a fever (38º C?).

And sometimes just the stress that the body goes through can cause such side effects, but better safe than sorry!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
wegot things back to normal I think it was the transition from a constant hospital temperature to that of our home which can be up and down as the cats dont shut the doors after them lol
A blanket and a night with the electric blanket running put paid to that :)
I'm pleased to report that Val was up and pottering around in tthe kitchen earlier doing a bit of light exercise :).
It' slowly building up her confidence so that we can start out doingregularexercie and short walks :)
As th weight gets less and its not that much compared to many obese pople then we can get her swimming it'll do both ofus th world of good and our friend Jo says she'll go with us to help with both transport and everything else .:})

Dave ;)

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Glad to hear the good news on Val Dave. Swimming is great exercise and good fun. Wish somebody would build a nice pool near us. Love to swim

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Glad to hear the good news on Val Dave. Swimming is great exercise and good fun. Wish somebody would build a nice pool near us. Love to swim
Val is looking forwards to her first showertoday , speaking of water:)
She has been unable to do for the whole wek because the surgeon supperglued the 5 ports he used to do the keyhole surgery ( first used by the US Army during the vetenam war to hold the woulnds of wounderd GI's together until they cold recieve propper surgery ) ior so weve been led to believe.:(
Weve been able to wash her hair ( one of my caring roles to Val as she cant reach above her shoulders due to the MD) so you can imagine she is looking forwards to being washed and fresh :)

Dave :)

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
No kidding, washed hair makes you feel so darn good no matter how bad you feel.

Glad to hear things are going so well Dave, give her a big careful hug from all of us!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
More good news Dave. Val will so enjoy that shower

Amazing what fantastic things they have discovered on how to fix our bodies up. Lazar surgery and all that high tech stuff and then they glue us back together w/ superglue. Here are some interesting facts below on super glue. Carry it w/ you to make a fire in case of emergency...wow, never would have thought of that one:
http://www.todayifoundout.com/index.php/2011/08/super-glue-was-invented-by-accident-twice/

Ask a Question