addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Hey Addy, I got it to work for me. It looks pretty dark right now, but I look forward to seeing it in the morning. Oh. I actually saw a fish. It's eyes were really bright.

Glad you got it to work, we are having fun with it.

Laughing it is fun to watch, that is a night vision camera good for 200 feet, it sends out ir which makes the eyes glow, and the fish show up. We are going to change that one out for a wider angle camera, once it gets here, this one is more for seeing down a driveway, more of a narrow view. we will probably move it out to the front.
You can see the bats zipping through also, a bunch of them.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Do you have a bat house?

No it has been something I have wanted to get , but not yet.

I can't get it to work. :( my son has such high security on my computers that it
won't allow me open some things.

Did you change the settings like in the first post? that changes the security level, just to the point it asks if you want to add vs just blocking. If that still does not work send me your email (pm) I can send you the software for netviewer.

And IE only, I keep forgetting and try to open via firefox lol does not work

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Addy I did watch for a while in the dark. Saw some fish come around. And saw the bats! OMG!!! And earlier, no wonder you can fill your hummingbird feeder to the top! I have the same feeder, only put a cup or less of liquid in it at a time, as I only have a few hummers. I just moved it up by my deck, so will see if they still come to eat. And, since I'm awful about filling it as often as I should, ie when it's empty, or when it has been 95 here and the sugar water is likely getting them drunk .... :) Hopefully I'll be more inspired to fill it more often.
Thanks again for sharing your property and ponds!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Stroppy, I use Firefox for my normal browser, but I also have the IE icon to click on to open IE. If you do, just open a new window with IE. You probably do have IE as well. Then go to Addy's instructions. It took me a while to still get it right, kept missing details, but I got it, and it's worth it. :)
I have a bat house, but have yet to see more than 1 bat and that was only a couple of times! I live too far from woods, I think, although I have an awesome huge old barn. You would think the bats would love it here!
Also, if anyone knows about purple martins, there was a huge flock of them that showed up here the other evening. Not sure where they came from, maybe they are migrating through? At first thought there were 100 barn swallows, but they were larger, and I only have about 20-25 barn swallows at my house. I have a pond, but have never put up a martin house .... maybe I should for next year!

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
stroppy once you open up IE press ALT H and then click about internet explorer, this will tell you which version you have. If you have 9 there is a compatibility button you have to press which is located at the top of the screen to the left of the refresh button.

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Purple martins eat a ton of bugs as do the bats. You need to put the purple martin house up about 10-15' in the air in an open area not in the woods. Maybe you could build your house over the winter.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
No, you're almost there, Stroppy! I saw that Zmodo screen, and didn't know what to do, thought it was still "thinking" .... I think I just clicked on the screen, and voila, the sign in came up! Try that! Then all you have to put in is the gpf on the user name. :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Hi Addy, As you probably know two of the channels are working. 1 and 4. The camera for 4 is really clear and you can see the hummingbirds. The first channel is much blurrier. Pretty neat anyway that you have people across the country watching your pond. Maybe you should call it all it "Realty Fish TV" ? Was it hard to hook up your cameras to your computer? I have a couple cameras I picked up a while ago. I would think you could hook them into a wireless router somehow and add it to a network.

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Stroppy be sure you have followed the directions exactly as Addy has given us, they are below. There are three things you must put prompt on download active x controls signed, download active x controls unsigned, and prompt for initialize and script active x. Be sure these are checked.

internet explorer (only), open a browser window

go to tools ...
.........open internet options
.........go to security
.........click custom level
.........put prompt for download active x controls signed unsigned
.........put prompt for initialize and script activex

Ask a Question