What does your pond look like ... Today?

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Ahh fall... Or as I like to call the "the time of year the trees poop all over my yard"
View attachment 88112View attachment 88113 View attachment 88114

That looks like a nightmare! I was lucky this year. I'm not sure why, but I didn't have nearly as many leaves in my pond this year as I did previous years.

I still have to clean out a handful now and then, since we're still not frozen up here. The fish are swimming around every day and frogs are always seen sitting in pots. Very odd for December, but I like it. I know we'll get the snow sooner or later, so it might as well be later! (y)

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
It actually wasn't that bad. The tree just dropped almost all it's leaves in a 2 day period so I can't really complain. Especially given what you guys deal with during the winter months. I am hoping you guys have a very tame winter. :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
image.jpeg
Before
image.jpeg
After

It's been awhile but I have been terribly busy with studies and doing some plant trimming but here is how it looks. Oh and now it's rainning like cats and dogs in the evening with scorching sun in the day so the plants is just flourishing.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
View attachment 88161 Before
View attachment 88162 After

It's been awhile but I have been terribly busy with studies and doing some plant trimming but here is how it looks. Oh and now it's rainning like cats and dogs in the evening with scorching sun in the day so the plants is just flourishing.
Alpravinosh, you must live in a tropical area.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
The pond is slush right now. We're getting snow/freezing rain. Last night I saw a Bullfrog hanging out on the surface. Looking at the forecast, I probably won't be seeing any more frogs for awhile.
IMG_5682 copy.jpg

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
The final photo I took of my pond in 2014 was at night with my neighbor's Christmas lights in the background. I decided to repeat that for 2015. By the way, I can't believe we're going into 2016 already. Time moves a little too quickly.

IMG_5748 copy.jpg

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Time for a reset. A brand new year means new, empty folders. I can't wait to see what's in my 2016 Outdoors, Camping, Pond, and Native Garden folders at the end of the year!
sdf.png

Ask a Question