What does your pond look like ... Today?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Was just posting today about a liner under my filters and glad i had mine because mowed to mulch up leaves in the yard and came back around by the pond and water was running over the top of the filter and saw one of the outlets was plugged so put a small hose in there to unclog it and a frog swam out the other end into the tank .I couldn't catch it .Will have to try again tomorrow .Darn frogs .It got up to 67 degrees today so got lots of stuff done
100_9614.JPG
100_9611.JPG

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have screens across all openings. So far a Apple caused a huge water loss. A Lily leaf did the same. And various things. So put one inch sceening across any outlets.

Glad you caught it sissy

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
This frog came in from the filter and since the outlet side is smaller he got stuck inside near the end .When I pushed a piece of rubber tubing into the outlet end I pushed him back into the filter .I think he was happy to escape .The outlet goes into the waterfall pond and into he pond next .Glad I caught it but since the filter sets inside a liner it just ran over and back into the pond so at least I did not loose any water .I was happy I caught it and it was warm enough to fix it .
100_9611.JPG

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
The side view with your waterfall and lights is the prettiest one troutredds .But the little snow covered christmas tree in the first one is Christmas

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Seriously?!? Your lily pads didn't die off?!? How?!?

Oh, they're definitely dead. Actually, the big ones aren't nearly as green as they appear in the video, but they did look good up until about 5 or 6 days ago. I planned on removing them all, but the pond froze before I got the chance.

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
its been horribly cold all week! The other night it was minus 29 Celsius!! No end in sight too the horrible cold weather. its so cold tonight the house feels drafty... got to turn up the heat again!!

Covered the two upper ponds just before this horrid cold weather hit, with a cattle panel greenhouse...take a look and see!!!! NO ICE inside the cold frames!!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Oh, they're definitely dead. Actually, the big ones aren't nearly as green as they appear in the video, but they did look good up until about 5 or 6 days ago. I planned on removing them all, but the pond froze before I got the chance.

I DID cut back all our lilies in October, like I normally do, but with the oddly warm weather we had - UP UNTIL LAST WEEK! - the pads just kept coming! First time ever I have lily pads in the ice!

Seriously - on the 30th of November I was out riding my bike! WHAT HAPPENED??

Ask a Question