What does your pond look like ... Today?

morewater

President, Raccoon Haters International
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
DSC01570.JPG

The iguana in the picture is a common green iguana, like what you would buy in a pet store. We have two rare species found only here, the blue iguana and the rock iguana. The blue is very cool.[/QUOTE]

Ugly suckers. Dinosaurs. We saw herds of them in Mexico this year. Do all of them have that missing piece on the tail. I just noticed it.
DSC01570.JPG
DSC01567.JPG

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
WOW!!! That was just great everybody!! I loved to see all the pictures, made me feel good to see others still had snow and cold... misery loves company!! ha ha ha!

Mitch you should be thawed out by summer... Jeepers, you got a ton of snow this year and we sure had lots of extreme cold this year compared to last year.

Reaction score
I posted this on the newbies board, but I figured I'd put it here, too. This pond came with the house I purchased in January, as well as at least an inch of leaves, six dead frogs, several dead fish, a broken pump and a filter clogged with 25 pounds of muck. I'm nowhere near finished yet and plan to add more plants once my nursery gets them in stock, but I'm pleased with my progress so far considering how badly neglected it was.
IMG_2109.jpg

morewater

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Are you sure it didn't shrink? I'm worried. My wife tells me that lots of stuff shrinks when it gets really cold.

Was 11C here yesterday and sunny, 8C today.....could be up to 12C/sunny tomorrow.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
Ponds must shrink, because I'm always reading about people needing to make them bigger.

Drilled the ice again today.
Still 10 inches thick.:meh:

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Ponds must shrink, because I'm always reading about people needing to make them bigger.

Drilled the ice again today.
Still 10 inches thick.:meh:

sigh! one of these days you will see water...................if not fill a bowl with water set it out by the pond...............

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I posted this on the newbies board, but I figured I'd put it here, too. This pond came with the house I purchased in January, as well as at least an inch of leaves, six dead frogs, several dead fish, a broken pump and a filter clogged with 25 pounds of muck. I'm nowhere near finished yet and plan to add more plants once my nursery gets them in stock, but I'm pleased with my progress so far considering how badly neglected it was. View attachment 68087
Keep up the good work.

morewater

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
How long between the photos, taherrrman? That's quite the hillside renovation.

Ask a Question