What does your pond look like ... Today?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I built 3 of them and rebuilt the decks last year one from my master bedroom nd one for the grill and one for the morning room deck .Thank you .So far I have now potted up 8 banana plants and 5 elephant ear in green and 4 in black .
101_0574.JPG
100_5565.JPG
101_0569.JPG

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Chihuahuas don't swim well ;).Downsizing my pond all this is way to much for 1 person 3 acres 1 person does not add up well .All it has done is rain here and until thursday and then back again sunday.Geeze just noticed one of these days I am going to have to take down that brace in the middle of the pergola ,HHMMM lazy
101_0188.JPG

DutchMuch

Lord Of The Aquascapes!
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
True true, rained here last night, I always plant plants before the rain so I don't have to water them, gives em' a good head start!
Yesterday I planted about 100 to 200 carrot seeds (in ground, I also have in pots)
Started the basil aquaponics system
and planted water meloooon and cantaloupe, pumpkins... Soon

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
rain again oh well .Means I don't have to water but also means no work gets done either .Watermelon just means bathroom visits .love it but that part I hate .

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The land iris are slowing down, the pond iris are taking off. And the first two lily flowers. The one popped up in my algae filled critter pond. The damsel fly was having fun landing on it.

IMG_1311.JPG
IMG_1302.JPG
IMG_1309.JPG

First bloom in the big pond
IMG_1319.JPG

pond iris
IMG_1303.JPG
IMG_1308.JPG
IMG_1304.JPG
IMG_1305.JPG
IMG_1317.JPG
IMG_1318.JPG

And a baby green frog in the bog
IMG_1313.JPG

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I've had a few blooms both land and sea as it were, I just don't have a bunch of lily pads and for some reason I feel like I had almost a fully covered pond last spring. Although I did cut a bunch last fall so maybe that's why. Who knows. My lotus has 2 leaves in will be ready to go in the pond this weekend as well..
I have so many green growy things going on!!!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I love all the colors of the iris, are those all in your bog? and that peach lily is pretty all cupped up like that.
The iris are in the pond not the bog. I do have some deep purple in the bog, not blooming yet. The yellow flag is in the bog.

The lilies are just getting going, I really need to take care of them so far have been ignored this year.

The peach one is the upside down lily I really need to get it turned over. One of my favs it blooms all of the time and stays open until late. The flower is a different color every time it opens.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
pond overflow is working hard .I hope my plant roots survive all this rain and it is only 58 degrees this morning and still raining

Ask a Question