What does your pond look like ... Today?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Thanks! I'm trying to find some more slate or flat rocks to top the brick with. It's a slow process.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Oooo, the red one with black tail and fins! AND the calico spotted, awesome!
I found a fish hatchery and bought some from them, they had beautiful shubunkins, ow it is all pond spawn. I have not added fish for a few years now and won't unless something happens.

Two three dollars a fish....................

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Iris blooming...will need to thin next year that's for sure...
20170521_182224.jpg

Attachments

• 20170521_182229.jpg
    20170521_182229.jpg
    204.7 KB · Views: 113

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
well after heavy rain from 6 pm last night until a few minutes ago the sky may be clearing for awhile and then more rain coming again until thursday rain rain and more rain .

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Do you have Bullfrogs?
I think so, but I didn't see any physical damage to the bird.
I mean besides the being dead part.
Went out on the bayou this weekend and saw these lilies, they are different, small yellow bud on them. Is anyone familiar with them and could I put some in the pond?
2017-05-22 06.38.04.jpg
2017-05-20 17.35.45.jpg
2017-05-20 17.35.46.jpg

Last edited:

Troutredds

You can call me Red
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
I think so, but I didn't see any physical damage to the bird.
I mean besides the being dead part.
Went out on the bayou this weekend and saw these lilies, they are different, small yellow bud on them. Is anyone familiar with them and could I put some in the pond?View attachment 99996 View attachment 99997 View attachment 99998
I've never seen them but those are cool. The pads look big and have a different shape. Are the leaves oval? I hope they're not super invasive.

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I've never seen them but those are cool. The pads look big and have a different shape. Are the leaves oval? I hope they're not super invasive.
They are oval shaped. The flowers are tiny but just super cool looking.
I was worried about how invasive but since I plant in pots I thought it might be ok. I didn't snag any until I did some research.

And Red, it's looking lovely! Starting to grow in and that tree is just so gorgeous!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Well my pond is trying to get back to normal 91 saturday and 62 sunday and heavy rains started after 6 pm and stopped an hour ago and already up to 75 degrees and 100 % chance of ran again to night .Weeded strawberry patch and my little garden ,but boy is it muddy out after the heavy rain .Need to go grocery shopping but waiting for a delivery geeze .

Troutredds

You can call me Red
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Well my pond is trying to get back to normal 91 saturday and 62 sunday and heavy rains started after 6 pm and stopped an hour ago and already up to 75 degrees and 100 % chance of ran again to night .Weeded strawberry patch and my little garden ,but boy is it muddy out after the heavy rain .Need to go grocery shopping but waiting for a delivery geeze .
Your weather is like a different season every day. I hope things even out for you soon. I simpathize with your rain issues - we've had over fifty inchs since October. That's more than we usually get in a whole year.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
If the rain could just be spaced out to include the month of july and august .Temp was 75 and now clouds rolled in and down to 67 degrees just in a half hour and sun peaks between the clouds on and off .Not sure how much we have gotten but one news report said that we will get 4 inch's or more before it ends .I think more .The channels all say different things here for weather

Ask a Question