What does your pond look like ... Today?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I have rock envy lillburt and jb they look great and that is a testament to your caring for them .congrats on healthy fish

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
little guy tons of little guys
101_0674.JPG

Patfish

Ignore the mask and cape
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
my firt white lilly bloomed today but i was at work and missed it. It is rainy today and it closed up before i got home. do they open up again?
I just saw my first cattail! it is green still but im happy because someone gave it to me in the fall and I helped it survive the winter.too dark for pictures

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Addy, on the left in your first picture, the dark purple, is that a Siberian Iris?
I really don't know, I have some on land, in the bog and in the pond that have a real deep purple. All of the iris I have where given to me many years ago.

Here is a sample of the purples I have the one clump is on land and have grown in the small pond next to them. Very skinny leaves, like grass almost.
I would get another picture, but things need to recover a bit from the storm last night.
IMG_1226.JPG
IMG_1317.JPG
IMG_1228.JPG
IMG_1336.JPG

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
This is what the hornwort looked like yesterday. It is growing great, does well where there is a lot of water flow.
Pond depth around 5 feet.
IMG_4643.JPG

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Not pond related, except the bees do inhale water from them! This is what approx. 800000 bees sounds like, they baled out of the hives when the rain stopped and the sun came out!
You can hear them even way in the back field.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Any one watch that show northwoods law in Main and Mass. I saw that ponds there are banned that are stocked with non native fish .They fined a guy and made him take all the turtles out and killed all the fish in the pond

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I was able to get all of my plants put in the pond over the weekend, and it definitely filled things in nicely. This is my first season doing a full planting like this, so I'm excited to see how it works out. I especially enjoy the parrot feather, and the fish really seem to enjoy circling within the lily shoots. I couldn't believe that the parrot feather grew 6-8" since just last Saturday to be able to break the surface. I think I might be going back for another one or two of those. My hope is the the the creeping jenny along the left hand side will fill in quickly, and cover some of that exposed liner.

Attachments

• 20170526_080003.jpg
    20170526_080003.jpg
    294.1 KB · Views: 101

DutchMuch

Lord Of The Aquascapes!
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
GUYS LOOK AT MY POND!!!
ngxett.jpg

Melting Fire Coralbells (holy cow are these pretty, pictures don't do justice..)

Ask a Question