What does your pond look like ... Today?

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Last year, I decided to line my pond with Stout Blue-eyed Grass. It'll take another couple years to fill in, but it already looks great! Blue-eyed Grass is in my top five favorite native species, so I'm glad I'll have a lot of it.
IMG_2526 copy.jpg

IMG_2527 copy.jpg

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
oh and got notified yesterday by mail that they may come out here and run all the wires underground .What a mess that will make ,At least they said by the letter it will be on the other side of the road ,not on my side .Reason was that there are less houses on the other side .Mostly unsold ditch lots so no one wants them .Only 9 house's on that side of the road and 20 + houses on this side .They would have to fix less driveways that way and relandscape

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
It is underground to all the houses so not sure why they didn't put every thing underground before they sold the lots

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
1 weather report says no rain the rest of the week and mid 80's other says a 20 % chance of rain for 3 days and high 80's and other one says 40% chance of rain and low 80's .Then another one says high 70's and 50% chance of rain monday and tuesday .I guess I get a choice .But got lots done yesterday even though they called for rain all I saw was some dark clouds now and then and sun most of the day .Weather channel now says 80% chance of rain tonight and rain tomorrow and then now rain for 2 days then 3 days of rain .My choices are expanding .

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
the old blinds from my front porch have a use .I have had them for over 8 years and they were my sisters before that and finally admitted I can't fix them any more .So one for the pond and the other one for the pergola over the grill .I cut the strings up from them to tie them down and laced then to the hoops in between .old is new again
101_0741.JPG
101_0744.JPG

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
It is just a simple rectangle and half raised on one side and just about level with the steps I built for this side of the porch .Originally only built steps on 1 side .But pond access was needed .Thank you may not be the natural look but koi need something special ..I was more interesting in aggie and berts happiness than the looks .But I did it by myself so I am happy for now .But do wish I had gone pondless .Last year and this year are really the first year for plants in the pond that have survived koi destroyers .I am past my building days for stuff here .last year I rebuilt 2 decks and built 3 pergolas and that was not easy for me

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Better than the dump .If it lasts the summer that is good for me .The one side near the banana plants is not in the best shape so good side is the one I see mostly .Thank you .

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Spent most of the day scooping debris off of bottom of pond. Gotta do it or it will build up and cause an unsightly mess! Cleaned filter and stirred the water all up over and over and more to come.

Ask a Question