What does your pond look like ... Today?

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
@cas I just love how your pond looks all green and growy.
A few shots this morning. I spent all weekend cleaning out the pond and my biggest lily up and jumped her pot. I've got to repot her when I get home today.
2017-05-30 06.45.31.jpg
2017-05-30 06.46.34.jpg
2017-05-30 06.46.49.jpg

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have ones that do that, they get lighter due to roots and leaves and just float right out of the pot. I either repot or groom heavy or if I don't want to do that, tie a rock to the bottom of the pot to hold it down. And tie the lily to the pot.

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
The root was almost 3 feet long when I pulled it! I cut a bunch back and anchored it TWICE with a rock but both times it popped loose. I'm going to have to groom it much more heavily and rock it.
Here's a funny, supposedly my lotus bloomed. Hubby said something but I misunderstood and thought we was talking about that dang lily that had popped loose.... By the time I realized the "oops"... No more bloom.
I still think the hubby was pulling my leg.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
supposedly my lotus bloomed. Hubby said something but I misunderstood and thought we was talking about that dang lily that had popped loose.... By the time I realized the "oops"... No more bloom.
I still think the hubby was pulling my leg.
umm the flower lasts 3-4 days, sticks way above the leaves and water and you missed it?????????????

IF it bloomed there should be a seed pod now developing where the flower was, brown big round, like 4-5 inches if a big lotus.

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
See and I looked to see if there was a dead flower below the surface. I think he was messing with me. And it would have only been a day that it "bloomed". It did throw up 3 big leaves since I moved it into the pond on Friday though.
I'm gonna kill the hubby...
I mean "take him fishing".

Ask a Question