What does your pond look like ... Today?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
You've been busy with your mom, but I took out the liner last year and made the hole a bit bigger and bought some bentonite to mix in so all I have right now is a hole in the ground. The hole is to the left of the birdhouse on a pole.
I brought in all my fish to an aquarium in the greenhouse.
I transplanted some kale from the greenhouse to outside last week but when I dug down found frost after only 4 inches.
The bentonite came from a mine near Medicine Hat.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
I have only looked at my pond in passing it .Just no time for it or energy for it

Ad

Advertisements

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
Neat looking big black and orange one.

I checked out our ponds, The big pond, fish wise is doing great. The 1000 gallon pond, found the net torn, my huge orange shubbie, about 6 years old, three fan tails and some of the large white and black shubbies, some of the other shubbies all gone. I think the heron visited sometime while we were gone.

Most of the fish in these pictures are gone. I had three beautiful fan tails in there. You can see two in the first picture.
IMG_1423.JPG
IMG_1422.JPG
IMG_1421.JPG
IMG_1420.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
Neat looking big black and orange one.

I checked out our ponds, The big pond, fish wise is doing great. The 1000 gallon pond, found the net torn, my huge orange shubbie, about 6 years old, three fan tails and some of the large white and black shubbies, some of the other shubbies all gone. I think the heron visited sometime while we were gone.

Most of the fish in these pictures are gone. I had three beautiful fan tails in there. You can see two in the first picture. View attachment 119776View attachment 119777View attachment 119778View attachment 119779
Sorry for the loss. The Heron last year nabbed our fantails too. They must prefer them.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
Sorry for the loss. The Heron last year nabbed our fantails too. They must prefer them.
They are slow moving. My population in that tank is about 1/3 what it was. I will just let them repopulate. I don't have anyway to add new fish, guarantee, and don't really need to, I get lots of babies.

I loss the fan tails, except maybe two, in the hot tub pond. I forgot to net it before I left for Florida. I have managed to see two of the nine that were in there.

The herons fly over us almost every day.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
I had 1 waterlily flower bloom but did not get to see it long because we had a light frost that night .It happened this past sunday

Troutredds

You can call me Red
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
I know this isn’t an attractive scene and I expect no response, but here’s something you’ll rarely or ever witness: two earthworms mating. Each one is a hermaphrodite; possessing both male and female reproductive organs. I’ve only witnessed this once in my lifetime until this morning and I’m no spring chicken. :geek: Enjoy your spring, everyone!
948A5011-653E-4A02-AADB-B02F6A58BA91.jpeg

Ad

Advertisements

Ask a Question