What does your pond look like ... Today?

Patfish

Ignore the mask and cape
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Well looks like my pond may get another water change, storms look bad out there .Looks like the 4th of July outside with all the lightening
Radar has shown storms coming at us 3 days in a row and they fizzle out right before it gets to us

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
storm after storm thunder ,lightening and heavy rain all night until 5 am and now starting again .been a nightmare

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Pictures taken last night. I couldn't help but post the sweet baby faces along with the pond. :)
DSCN0246.JPG DSCN0291.JPGDSCN0281.JPGDSCN0252.JPG DSCN0262.JPG DSCN0263.JPG DSCN0267.JPG DSCN0272.JPG DSCN0278.JPG

Troutredds

You can call me Red
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
I bought two 5 inch yellow/gold koi from this tank a few days ago. I love how bright they are. Everyone's ponds look spectacular, by the way.(y) (The vertical lines in this image are the reflection off a corrugated building).
IMG_4388.JPG
In about five years, they should look similar to our 14 inch yellow guy, nicknamed Woodstock:
IMG_4385.JPG

cas

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Cas, did you get your fence fixed from that tree that came down?

Thanks for asking Mitch. Yes, all fixed. And when I was leveling the yard and planting grass seed, I noticed how dirty the fence had become. So then I had to spend the next four weeks washing it!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Well another big water change last night severe storms until about 3 am with heavy rain and lots of noise and light show that was just like the night before

Troutredds

You can call me Red
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Are these to replace the ones the heron got?
Yep. I've had some recent success repelling herons with this holographic tape/ribbon. It's usually used in orchards and vineyards. Our local koi dealer swears by it, and it's a cheap too! I know netting the pond is the very best option but I need constant access to the surface. We lost 10 comets and a koi since February. Since tying this ribbon to foliage around the pond, we've lost none - even though we've added many new, less wary fish. I'll let you know if our luck holds out...
IMG_4404.JPG
IMG_4403.JPG

Ask a Question