What does your pond look like ... Today?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I just got my first pink Lilly blossoms.
DSCF9058.jpg

DSCF9059.jpg

Here's a pic of the pod through the mini's.
DSCF9053.jpg

DSCF9052.jpg

Some heads are starting to develop on the larger cattails.
DSCF9064.jpg

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Just got back from a short week's vacation and catching up on all your ponds. Everybody's ponds are looking great!

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I always am leery of concrete blocks for some reason. I don't know if they can leach out bad "stuff" or if it's the rough walls that I'm afraid my fish will injure themselves on. I don't even know if there is any truth to either statement. Do you use them @MoonShadows?

MoonShadows

The Jam Man
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
My pond is small @tbendl , but I do have two concrete blocks (large "cinder blocks") up on end with flat concrete pavers on top to hold plants. I've read from a few members here that concrete blocks are not a problem. They have been in my pond from day 1 with no apparent detriment to my fish. However, I could see how a fish might get injured from the rough surfaces.

Reaction score
I don't know what plants they are honestly. there were no labels to be found in the nursery . I use concrete blocks with no injures to the fish for over 7 years. You might want to pre soak a block in a 5 gallon bucket for a few days then changing the water then repeat to be sure there is no lime or other curing chemichaels

Ask a Question