What does your pond look like ... Today?

peter hillman

Let me think for minute....
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3-5
Country
United States
Considering the extended heat pattern, my pond is holding up well. A few top offs but that's about it, I'll need to dredge the fallen rose petals and other leaves the have fallen soon. I haven't been feeding as much this year as I have in the past, they'll be ok. Finally had a few dragon flies show up, that's always interesting.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I like that pink water lily. My lily pads don't get nearly as big.
They were that big.............darn deer. I still have not had time to repot the lilies, I did see one flower and a few new leafs coming up. I have not fertilized it in years. It is in one of the small ponds that gets dirty water from the big pond.

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Awesome pictures everybody!!! Hope you all are having one good summer!! I am going to cobble a cute little path along the front of the sweet little guppy pond I have out front... just getting started on it, will post updates in case anybody wants to do this in their yard....

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Bullfrog.
IMG_4792 copy.jpg

Monarch Caterpillar.
IMG_4793 copy.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Ah! An adorable, soft, furry, weapon of mass destruction! haha! They are sweet to see, aren't they? My Facebook is filled with posts of people finding "abandoned" fawns and all the "call animal control" comments. People - that's how it works! Leave them alone and mom will be back!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I hear Missy likes him also. Ahhhhhhhhhh he's so sweet! He's sampling a little bit of everything new even your rock. Did you see the mom?
Did not see the mom, but it was laying there until around 730, then you could see its ears perk up, he jumped up and walked the edge of the pond towards the apple trees.

Ask a Question