What does your pond look like ... Today?

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
So adorable! I'm glad he didn't get stuck.
I was worried, thinking fast how could we get it loose without those little hooves tearing us up. Plan was grab a blanket, grab gloves, scissors and cut it loose after covering up its eyes. But he was smart just wiggled out.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
My Facebook is filled with posts of people finding "abandoned" fawns and all the "call animal control" comments. People - that's how it works! Leave them alone and mom will be back!

Yep, fawns don't spend 100% of their time with their mother, for various reasons. When I was camping, I was watching two fawns and their mom. A car drove by and they got scared so they ran away while she kept eating like nothing happened. They probably had a hiding spot. Eventually she slowly made her way in the direction they ran.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
new phone, new case had to see

Attachments

• 20170719_142938.jpg
    20170719_142938.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 165
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
Country
United States
I've never had a lotus plant, that aerial leaf is cool! We did have a first here though.

On our 1/2 acre, we've had loads of birds, dragonflies, frogs and occasional garter snakes, but in 4 years, this is our first toad! It's a Western Toad, Bufo boreas and it's hanging around the pond, diving to the bottom if I get too close. Maybe it's searching for a mate.

92_0057 western toad.jpg

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
miserable hot out there, walked out to take a pic of the totally ignored pond and lilies. I have not touched them since I turned the pump back on. Boy do I have some work to do on the yard...................
They say we are getting a heat break soon, like tuesday. Right 104 heat index, 92 actual

The water is crystal clear! You can count the trap door snails on the bottom
IMG_1678.JPG
IMG_1680.JPG

hornwort forest
IMG_1679.JPG

lotus tub
IMG_1681.JPG

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
well was away abnd got a chance to look in the pond this morning and have so far counted 10 look alike aggies in the pond .Black ,white with the deep orange red spots on them .They were feeding off algae over near the hanging plant bags .

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I have never had aggie look a likes before so this is a first for me .I just wonder ow many there really are and if any look like bert ..They are about an inch to an inch and half long .I have my list ready to call people as soon as I catch them

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Wow Patfish you have a bunch of leaves on your Lotus. Very nice! I really like how the water puddles on the leaves.
hey @bagsmom how is your lotus doing?
I have a few different ones. I'm still thinking my dumb leaf-cutting move has killed the gorgeous pink one! Arrrgghh! It keeps sending up little stalks with pink blossoms, but instead of growing larger and opening like the first one did, after a few days the stem yellows then the whole thing turns brown. Poo.
I have a small variety that is making some cool smallish leaves, but no blooms. Then a really large variety that is easily 5 feet tall. That's the one in the separate pool. I think it is supposed to have a pinkish cast to it, but so far, the blooms have been white.
I will go out and take some pix.
It is HOT here! Blech.

Ask a Question