What does your pond look like ... Today?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
One quick photo tonight. Cardinal flower is really booming. Also thought oh no I got mosquito larvae in the pond. Looked closer more fish babies...:banghead:,

5381.jpeg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a/5b
The pond today. The white koi came up to say Hi as I was snapping the picture. :) Believe it or not, I started the season with three small water lettuces--they have multiplied like Gremlins since May. They are keeping the water fairly algae-free and giving the koi some extra shade.
IMG_6027[879].JPG

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
FINALLY getting some lilies blooming! I think we had six or seven blossoms come up all at once this weekend. A sight for sore eyes! (Don't ask me for a picture - the mosquitoes are so bad it would be like a death sentence!)

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Very nice looking! For some reason even with all the rain we have had, I have only seen one mosquito, squished the sucker. I figured they would be bad this year but not happening.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Very nice looking! For some reason even with all the rain we have had, I have only seen one mosquito, squished the sucker. I figured they would be bad this year but not happening.

We had them very bad in July but they've seemed to slow down now. I can walk in my garden with only a handful of them flying around me now. They were swarms a month ago.

MoonShadows

The Jam Man
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Despite all the rainy weather, we have had few mosquitos this season...perhaps the cooler weather is responsible.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Thankfully, we have lots of bats and dragonflies this year. I'm seeing baby bats. too. I was worried about the white nose disease wiping them out. Also, these birds spend the whole day eating bugs. I'm not sure what kind they are.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I came up with a brilliant idea in Spring to move some of my Smooth Oxeye over my my Mexican Sunflowers. The flowers are similar-looking, but different colors. It looks amazing, except that all of my Smooth oxeye plants are loaded in powdery mildew. Not sure why, but they all look horrible. I cut a lot down to the ground and I hope I won't have this problem next year, but if I do, I'm just going to remove them all.

Regardless, the flowers look great next to each other.
IMG_5818 copy.jpg

Here's the pond. Ignore the cord. The house foundation is gonna be painted soon.
IMG_5830 copy.jpg

IMG_5764 copy1.jpg

Ask a Question