What does your pond look like ... Today?

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Is it Mondo grass that died? I think it likes shade especially in areas w/hot Summers. Here it can take sun or shade but doesn't like it when it gets too much blaring sun in the 80's or 90's here;

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
It was the dense shade mix I got from Scotts. I do think I underestimated the amount of sunlight the garden gets a day. I'm gonna try it again in the fall with some sunny mix see if that works.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I always like pics of rain by the pond .I can imagine the fresh smell right now and every thing looks greener

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Well darn .............just checked our cams, the Big pond's pump died over night. It has been running for around 15 years, maybe it gave up the ghost. I have three spares if it is the pump. Guess the pond will be still water for a day or so.
Honey asked if we should jump in the car and head home, only a few hours away, nah.......... the pond and fish will be fine. The bog will be fine, it does not drain out, just drops the water level to the gravel surface. A few tads might die, crazy frogs lay eggs in the bog water, I gather the tads up when I shut it off for the winter so they don't die.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I think you got your moneys worth from that pump. What kind is it?
It is a Dragon Lim pump, I bought two for my Arizona pond, I have one in the basement, if it fires up after sitting for years we will put it to work.
Mine is the 1/3 hp, if it runs dry, pond water loss, it swishes water back and forth, the water gets hot, but the pump does not freeze up.
http://www.wlimproducts.com/dragonSeries.htm

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We are about 45 min from home just checked our cams the pump is running again!.... Water level a little low got a flow diversion going on. Not low enough to harm anything.
So now a pond walk to find the diversion. No clue why the Pump started back up.

Got a bit of work to do. And figuring out

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
A pond mystery!
No kidding, I have no clue why it stopped or why it started back up. I am going to do some more video playback see if I can spot right when it stops.
The diversion was some plant roots that decided to grow on steroids in the few days we were gone. Blocked the small loop ponds out flow into the big pond. Easy fix, now just adding water back. Note to self, purge some of those plants.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Yep good for you just a blockage that was trying to unblock, yay!
Yeah for the diversion, but no clue on what caused the pump to stop and restart. Stopped at 3am Monday am.

Troutredds

You can call me Red
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Honey bees are filling up here with water to cool their hives. They spew it around the hive and on hive mates for evaporative cooling in hot weather. Stay cool out there, pond people, :geek:
IMG_4549.JPG
IMG_4557.JPG

Ask a Question