What does your pond look like ... Today?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
20180105_092447.jpg

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
wish I had time for cabin fever................ a renter moved out driving to Baltimore every day working on it. We need to replace a lot of stuff. Might just sale the sucker after this fix up.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
wish I had time for cabin fever................ a renter moved out driving to Baltimore every day working on it. We need to replace a lot of stuff. Might just sale the sucker after this fix up.

It is a great time be be in the stock market.........

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Today we're finally seeing snow melting and the opening in the pond is getting larger...won't be long now before I can see my fish from the kitchen window again....I can't wait!:happy:

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I can see my fish! The ice looks about 5" thick, but it's completely clear. Looks like all the fish are still alive, and they're more active than I expected too. Unfortunately for them, temps will be back to normal in just a couple hours.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
my 1' thick ice has been gone for a week now. i think my de icer/heater did that work as temps prior where below freezing. rain today and 60f ish weather for the next few days. gonna go out tommorrow and try to get my small pump going for air and water break. and check on hose for main pump/bog. I did see 4 swiming out of about 30 but those 4 are brighter and bigger.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Got a nice layer of water on top of the ponds ice. The breathers are doing great. We are going to be close to 64 again tomorrow with a rain, the ponds will do some good melting. The we freeze again.
pond1.JPG

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
@addy1 I love how your landscape is still so colorful, even in winter. All the greens and yellows and reds are so pretty!

@JBtheExplorer looks like even more warm weather headed our way this week... there goes all the snow! I think my pond could use some water, but with the melting and the predicted rain I may wait and see what happens.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
well great weather sunny and warm .Picked up hubbies explorer and not bad for the bill 192dollars and that included towing .Plus it included new fuel filters on my explorer and his and a new starter for his .Good to have friends that own a garage and tow trucks .Win win .:);)

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I love how your landscape is still so colorful, even in winter. All the greens and yellows and reds are so pretty!
I planted with the thought of winter colors and it actually worked! Ponds have a bit of liquid water on the ice now. We are staying warm for a bit, so the ice will be melting.
9.JPG

Ask a Question