What does your pond look like ... Today?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Rain Rain and more rain ,but we needed it badly .Gave me plenty of time to work on the laundry room .But then company stopped by .Also still working on my kitchen .Plus had to stop to make hubbies food and then watch this old house on TV
100_3163.JPG
100_3162.JPG

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Pond looks snowy. Not much to show this time of year.

Since there's not much to do outdoors, I've been experimenting with a little digital art lately. Here's one of my first creations, based off a bullfrog photo I took last year in my pond.

Bullfrog.jpg

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I use photo shop it is much cheaper than some of those fancy high dollar ones and it works great .

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I use photo shop it is much cheaper than some of those fancy high dollar ones and it works great .

Photoshop is a fancy high dollar one.

Well, of course, their modern versions aren't even purchasable. You have to have a monthly subscription to use it. That's one of the reasons I'll stay satisfied with my outdated version.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I was going to say - the last time I checked, Photoshop was pretty pricey!
Knowing Sissy is one of the best bargain finders in the world, she probably managed to get it for free!
I like photo shop, used to have it.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Knowing Sissy is one of the best bargain finders in the world, she probably managed to get it for free!
I like photo shop, used to have it.

You are right about that! There is an inexpensive version you can buy called Essentials or something like that but the full on version is only available with a monthly subscription now I believe. The new software model - pay monthly and the upgrades are free.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I was going to say - the last time I checked, Photoshop was pretty pricey!

Yeah, when it was purchasable, the price was ridiculous. I mean, it's a great program, and I've found nothing close to being as perfect as it is. That's why they get away with charging so much, as well as now making it subscription-based. I really hate the subscription thing. I like buying something and knowing it's instantly paid for and I'll have it forever. To keep the newest version forever, you'd have to make monthly payments for the rest of your life. Being able to rent software without an option to buy is just wrong.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Close addy it came preloaded into my puter and was a free offer when I bought the puter .Acer offered it ,had it with my dell also .Just got another update and each update is confusing .Photoshop is not as expensive as some of the others offered out there .I saw them at office max and photo shop 1 and 2 were only around 30 and 40 dollars .Didn't even know it was subscription based now .Been awhile since I looked in office max

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
There are the stripped down, basic versions of Photoshop that are reasonably priced, but you can do the same with free things like Picaso or even iPhoto. For the really cool stuff you pay more money.

I had a trial version of LightRoom that I played around with, but I felt like I needed to take some classes to really get the full benefit so I never bought the full product.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Was out in misty rain to take a few pics .My waterfall spitter I made is clearing things up fast you can see the bottom nicely .The white speckles are the crushed oyster shells that aggie broke open the bag .With all the rain the pond is really full and 3 more days of this rain .You can barely see the baby fish in pic 2
100_3311.JPG
100_3303.JPG
100_3310.JPG
100_3309.JPG
100_3306.JPG
100_3304.JPG
100_3301.JPG

Ask a Question