What does your pond look like ... Today?

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Close addy it came preloaded into my puter and was a free offer when I bought the puter .Acer offered it ,had it with my dell also .Just got another update and each update is confusing .Photoshop is not as expensive as some of the others offered out there .I saw them at office max and photo shop 1 and 2 were only around 30 and 40 dollars .Didn't even know it was subscription based now .Been awhile since I looked in office max

Hmm...

Sure you're not talking about Corel Paintshop, or some other similarly named program?

That last purchasable Photoshop version released was somewhere around $700. The first purchasable version of Photoshop came out about 30 years ago.

Last edited:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
You can go on office max /office depot and look 69 dollars for this version and there is 1 for 99 dollars and 1 for 149 dollars.The cheap versions are also 39 dollars .
2166852_vw_arv00_PSE2018_3in_1000x1000

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
You can go on office max /office depot and look 69 dollars for this version and there is 1 for 99 dollars and 1 for 149 dollars.The cheap versions are also 39 dollars .
2166852_vw_arv00_PSE2018_3in_1000x1000

Oh, I didn't know you meant Elements. That explains it.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I had a trial version of LightRoom that I played around with, but I felt like I needed to take some classes to really get the full benefit so I never bought the full product.

I've seen Lightroom, though never used it, and it seemed to be a lot like using Camera Raw in Photoshop. I really didn't understand the difference, though never really looked into it further. I know it's popular, so there must be something better or easier about it. Or maybe it's just a preference thing.

Last edited:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Not just elements version there are 4 versions of photoshop They are all really good .I had bought elements as a gift for my niece Kelly and she loves it and I can understand why after seeing what she can do with it .She took some of my pics at Christmas and was amazed at how she cleared some up and zoomed on others .She loves wrestling and her Uncle took her to see her favorite wrestler at a match (don't ask me who I have no clue )and she cleared up and zoomed in on him .She still drives us crazy with her pics she took ,though a loving crazy ;):)

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Elements! That's what I was thinking... I had Essentials stuck in my head.
I've called it that before too. It basically is just the essentials, so it makes sense.

I had bought elements as a gift for my niece Kelly and she loves it and I can understand why after seeing what she can do with it .She took some of my pics at Christmas and was amazed at how she cleared some up and zoomed on others

Yep, Photoshop is a great tool! It helps bring life into a photo that the camera was not able to properly capture. Unfortunately, some people use it to completely change their photos. They add things that didn't exist and often make the photo look nothing like it originally did. I'm not really a fan of that. I feel it's a lie and misleading, but to each their own.

I always stick with the basics. I want my photos be true to what they were when I captured them, just improved. I try turn photos into what I saw with my human eye, since cameras aren't able to see things the same way our eyes do.

Clarity is a priority to me. My photos need to be clearer than my camera can make them. Beyond that, I just work with the lights and darks, grain removal, and saturation. I also remove chromatic aberration, because it's the WORST!

fhjdsjf.jpg

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I have been fixing a lot of old photo's from my mom and dads photo album .That was the reason I wanted something like I had when I had my vista puter .I wanted to blow some pics up also .They are old photo's of my moms family that I wanted to share with my cousins in Indiana .I have been on ancestry for years now putting together the family history to share copies with them also .Remember the old cameras that you would take the pic and it would develop before your eyes well I had the camera and so did my mom and boy those pics do not hold up well and I have been restoring them for my sons and family .Those cameras were the worst .

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Yup - the old Polaroids were not good for longevity. They were fun to use at the time, but not great for keeping memories over a lifetime!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
It takes a lot to restore those pics also .Plus my mom used an album with the stick back to hold the pics and the paper was of course not acid free .Some pics stuck so bad I had to warm them up to get them loose

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
I'm in the process of importing my mac Photos library into a trial version of Lightroom CC which has a cloud based AI (artificial intelligence) engine. We have about 300K photos and it was bogging down our iMac because it uses a local AI engine. Plus, Lightroom CC shares thumbnails of the entire library across all platforms - Windows, Mac, IOS and Android.
So far it's processing things pretty quickly.
I'm not a fan of subscriptions either, but that seems the way things are going.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I have an external hard drive I store my photo's on .Just plug it in and transfer pics to it .

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
I had my library on an external drive as well, but it sometimes took a couple minutes for the app to open because of it's size.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I'm not a fan of subscriptions either, but that seems the way things are going.

The problem is that Adobe doesn't really have any competition, so they can do that and people don't really have any other option if that want that level of quality. Their programs are the best of the best. There are other photo editing programs out there, some even for free that will do a lot of the basics, but none compare to the Adobe programs. Hopefully the subscription thing is just a phase.

Ask a Question