What does your pond look like ... Today?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
They won't. Our front yard is at the top of a hill so the snow melts faster and exposes green vegetation first.
Our natural pond on the other side of the property is already completely frozen over though.
What most ranchers are doing is selling off some of their herd to pay for feed for the cattle they keep this winter.
Not an easy decision to make.
Hopefully this early snowfall will provide some moisture for next years feed crop.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
They won't. Our front yard is at the top of a hill so the snow melts faster and exposes green vegetation first.

Oh so you live in the warm balmy area of your neighborhood
upload_2018-10-11_9-18-0.gif

Troutredds

You can call me Red
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Our natural pond on the other side of the property is already completely frozen over though.
What most ranchers are doing is selling off some of their herd to pay for feed for the cattle they keep this winter.
Not an easy decision to make.
Hopefully this early snowfall will provide some moisture for next years feed crop.
You can build them a watering hole pond for next summer, @MitchM. ;)

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
My one small pond, most likely fishless. The parrots feather, which I thought had all died over winter came back beautifully!

The plant has some roots down deep, it slowly started to grow up as summer arrived. Usually this pond is full of string algae which I leave for the critters, this year none.
20181016_144729.jpg

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
rained last night and heard there was more mud slides on the side hills off highway 58 .The trees uprooted and took the hills with them

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
yeh water came through the underground pipe under the road and filled my ditch .But when I went into Danville yesterday all you saw was trees and mud slides .Some people still with out power here because of the rain last night there were more mudslides .My sister lives in Cascade and they still do not have power

Ask a Question