What does your pond look like ... Today?

Troutredds

You can call me Red
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Our early fall weather was changing by the hour over the weekend. These pics were taken Saturday from the same perspective, a couple hours apart.
176C3B6C-2EF1-4564-B5C8-67BACC0A46F7.jpeg
C2FF9E70-4666-43D2-AB8A-4EF2C38BD276.jpeg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Water looks good, new plants from summer filled out a lot in the last few weeks. My water still has a brown tint to it, but I like it as is seems very natural looking. The pond liner had a lovely green moss like algae growing on it, that looked a beautiful green when the sun was shining on it, but the fish ate it all. Now I see black liner where all the bald spots are. Hopefully it will come back. Not sure though as the fish yank at it all day.

Reaction score
Country
United States
This is what it looks like today but I do live in Sarasota, FL I am thinking about putting in a waterfalls at the one end where the bridge is...
Thanks it is a fresh water drainage pond I have every kind of bird that visits dragon flies, butterflies, fish and turtles and bats in the trees at night
new pic 10-04-18.jpg

Attachments

• new pic 10-04-18.jpg
    new pic 10-04-18.jpg
    178 KB · Views: 89

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
@Shirlpit2 wow that is nice and a waterfall would be nice! You got lucky getting a free pond on your property! What kind of fish are in there?

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
@Troutredds Beautiful deck! There's your sparkling clear pond again and a neat spider just in time for Halloween! Getting chilly around here now and wet but I hear some nice dry days are coming our way,yay! I need to clean my filters one last time for the year. Will keep my falls running but I already turned off the aerator.

Troutredds

You can call me Red
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
@Troutredds Beautiful deck! There's your sparkling clear pond again and a neat spider just in time for Halloween! Getting chilly around here now and wet but I hear some nice dry days are coming our way,yay! I need to clean my filters one last time for the year. Will keep my falls running but I already turned off the aerator.
Thanks, @j.w! I’m really looking forward to some dry days coming up.(y)

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Wow too early for snow! I am enjoying some much wanted sunshine for the next week or so! I hope that cattle is not a party crasher! He needs to go home now.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
The cattle around here are really suffering because of the poor availability of feed. Last year our neighbour got 75 bales of hay off his field for winter feed. This year he only got 15 bales because of the lack of water.:(
I told him he can use our property for whatever he needs. The cattle have already run out and are willing to risk the fence to find more to eat in our front yard.

Ask a Question