addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The one good thing, it will not stay! It is sitting at 40 right now.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Hard on our poor bees, the flowering trees are one of their sources of spring nectar, by the time it warms up the nectar from them will be almost over if not over. We need to go into the hives and probably start feeding them again.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Part of our job we have to baby sit them, esp with this darn cold. We have only 6 weeks of good nectar flow and this year our 6 weeks is being cut down by the cold. Apple flowers are starting to open, hope it warms enough for the bees to forage.

ow we may be feeding them all summer to make it through next winter.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Well, those are very lucky bees, Addy. Without you, they may well have died this year. I'm sure they will be fine.
Rainy here this morning, and supposed to be t-storms off and on most of the day. Heard thunder this morning, but never developed into any substantial rain. Just a misty drizzle so far. Going to a baby "shower" ... how fitting! ;)

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I'm looking cuz you said snow @addy1 but thank goodness it did not stick and things look all nice and Springy now.

Low 40's here and pouring!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
light rain and only 50 all the way to NC what a wasted trip .Heavier rain and felt even colder

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Light drizzly rain here. Not amounting to much so far. May need to add water to the koi pond tomorrow after all! 52 at present, supposed to have gotten in the 60's. Did actually see 70 about an hour south of my house, sun was shining down there. Sunny day in store for tomorrow, only 61, but I'll take the sunshine anytime!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a/5b
It's been a cold week here--I was wondering where spring went! It's going to barely crack 50 today. We hit record lows (29 degrees) the other night and had freeze and frost warnings twice. This is why I wait until mid-May to plant petunias or veggie plants...

I took a few snaps of the flowers already growing outside. Every day there are more and more popping up.

IMG_2186.JPG
IMG_2191.JPG
IMG_2201.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Love the flower pics, TeemKay! I just bought that variegated iris, and love yours in the ground. I put mine in two pots in my bogs. Maybe I should divide it again and put some in the ground, see which does better. :) I love the leaves, even if the flower is not the best (although I suspect the flower is great!). Irises don't bloom very long, so it's nice to have pretty foliage afterwards. :)

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
since I lost my black elephant ears in the winter .I forgot to throw the pieces of carpet over them to protect them .I got 10 of these for 2 dollars a piece in NC .There are 5 plants in each box .I will protect them this winter .

Attachments

• new plants 001.JPG
    new plants 001.JPG
    283.5 KB · Views: 119
  • new plants 003.JPG
    new plants 003.JPG
    76.4 KB · Views: 119
  • new plants 005.JPG
    new plants 005.JPG
    283.8 KB · Views: 114

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
sun is trying to win out here .I got a few things done outside but then rained came in and now sun is trying to peak out again 60 degrees out but dampness makes it feel chiller but plants and grass loving this rain

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
I lost my elephant ears last year when the greenhouse had the fire. I need to get another big black Taro too For my pond.

Wow freezing temperatures this morning. I see frost on neighborhood roofs. Poor baby Rio knows it is cold and extra snuggly under blankets while I watch morning news.

Ask a Question