sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
hey it must have brought them luck because they are still married to this day and have 21 year old twins a boy and a girl .Christopher and Missy

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Where do I get my rocks? Every Christmas Santa fills my stockings with "em. :sad:
John

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
hmmm then Santa must be running out of coal ,John .Had nothing to do today so took a ride to the creek and got a batch of rocks for my garden and found some nice big pieces of drift wood for my gardens also .Got a lot of treasures for my landscaping and now thinking about where I want to put them .

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Neat sissy, love the rocks and driftwood.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I was told about this stream by a neighbor and it is only a few minutes from my house and it seems a lot of stuff get washed into it from somewhere and I want to go back ,but I was wet muddy and cold and decided tomorrow was another day .I only went up one side of the stream .I saw quite a few small fish in it swimming around .There is a house up on the hill nearby but seems it is up for sale and looks like it has been abandoned and such a shame as it must have a great view of the stream and pastures around there .Looked it up when I thought about it and it is 5 acres and house for 29 thousand ,says it needs work .Such a shame ,gosh think I would like that house 's view better than my house .

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Sissy; they don't mine coal in Ontario any more, so I guess Santa has to substitute. I believe they still mine it in Virginia, so that would explain why it still shows up in YOUR stocking!
John

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
hey give me all the coal then and yes they still mine it here .I put coal in my fire pit and gosh it gives off some nice heat .Hey Santa you want to buy some coal for Haro LOL.I could make enough money off it to buy that house .

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Sissy you should bring your camera w/ you on these finding expeditions of yours as I'm always interested in the stuff you find and get to see and do there. I love finding stuff also and it's neat to be able to see what others find also. Maybe you can purchase that house and fix it up and make some money?

oldmarine

Married 32 years
Reaction score
I have to admit, I like the river rock look around a pond. River rock always looks more natural than flag stone or that busted up retainer wall type of rock. I live here in the Northwest where we have many mountain streams and rivers. I like to use use my imagination when I look at someones pond, and wonder to myself, what could they have done in their pre-planning stage to incorporate big & small river rock like I see around here in the Cascade Mountain? My pond is small, but I have come up with a bit of another look using oblong river rocks standing on end around my pond, and arranged to create some kind of balance along with the wooley thyme, and irish moss.

I managed to pick up most of my more interesting river rock down in Oregon at the Molalla River near my youngest sons home.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Hi there Rich, hope ya had a nice Christmas and your fishies too! I love the river rock we have here also and got tons of it from the concrete company here. I pick up a nice one now and then on my walks and whenever we go to the river or ocean/sound also. Make hubby carry the big ones! Love finding nice big driftwood also but only get to have small or medium size as too heavy..........hubby has his limits ya know,lol!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I caleed a couple of friends back in NJ and sent them info on the place and all the views there and maybe one of them would like to buy the place .So far Kevin and Nancy are really interested as the are sick of NJ

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Gosh need a pack mule . I have to take a rope back with me to drag a piece up the hill side .I could not carry or drag it up on my own , i kept slipping back down the hill and I was cold, muddy and wet

Ask a Question