MoonShadows

The Jam Man
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Not sure about ZEROPILOT, but each Fall we store 20 gallons of gas in 4 - 5 gallon plastic gas cans for emergency use for our generator. We add Stabil to prolong the integrity of the gas. If we don't use the generator all winter, we use the gas in our power equipment (snow blower, lawn mowers, weed whacker, tiller). Sometimes we have gas on hand for almost a year, and we have never had a problem with the engines, however we do regularly do maintenance (spark plug, air filter, gas filter, carburetor, etc.) to keep everything in good shape.

images.jpg

ZEROPILOT

Faster than you are.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a-10b
Country
United States
I use a product called K100
It not only stabilizes fuel, but bonds with water and burns it.(1 to 1 ratio) It really works. A great product that has saved my employer many thousands of dollars and has made me a believer.
I've had machines with water in the gas and barely sputtering. I've poured in K100 and watched and listened as the engine just started to run normally. No carburetor and fuel tank job required!
I store fuel in 5 gallon fuel jugs in a shed away from the house. However, if the storm gets serious, I'll move them to my garage because the shed will likely fly away.
My generator will run for 8 to 10 hours on a fill depending on the load. The treated fuel has lasted 18 months with no noticeable breakdown. I use it in my vehicles after the season is over in November.
Power outages are frustratingly common.
So are hurricanes.
I've been talking to people today. I haven't met anyone who is leaving.
We're a tough bunch.
Every time we rebuild, we make everything stronger.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a ish!
Country
United Kingdom
Good luck to all those who may be affected by the hurricane, fingers crossed for you all.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I hope if they say mandatory evacuation that people will listen or we will have another tragic situation like Texas. I would hope that in that situation I would have left a week ago w/my family and pets and whatever I needed to survive. Never had that kind of thing to deal w/yet and hope I never do. I wish the best and pray they all make it out of this storms way safely! Or better yet she moves out to sea!

MoonShadows

The Jam Man
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I hope if they say mandatory evacuation that people will listen or we will have another tragic situation like Texas. I would hope that in that situation I would have left a week ago w/my family and pets and whatever I needed to survive. Never had that kind of thing to deal w/yet and hope I never do. I wish the best and pray they all make it out of this storms way safely! Or better yet she moves out to sea!

Even in a mandatory evacuation, you do not have to leave. They cannot force you to leave your property, although they can refuse to rescue you if you are ordered to evacuate, don't leave and then call for emergency help.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
cement block can get damaged if not filled block and some homes there have hollow concrete block homes like my friends have .I have friends and family there and they are leaving.They have the car packed up but can't get gas so far .

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
His dad's house has been hanging in there since 1971, survived many hurricanes, but never one this bad. We are very worried about our places and the tenants.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a/b
Country
United States
Just spoke with my dad. He lives in Boyton and said they have not ordered an evacuation . I tried to convince him to head north but he is staying put. His cubbards are well stocked and they have flash lights , a battery operated radio and cell phones. I'm concerned if they have extensive damage , flooding or loss of power for an extended period of time. He has some health issues so the concern is if there is a medical emergency can he get out or can rescuers get to him. Keeping my fingers crossed for him and all in Irma's path

Ask a Question