So, how is your vegetable garden doing this year?

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I can't judge. This has been me so far this summer....
pic_13365_64249.jpg

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I thought the frost got my peach buds and apple buds but wow was I fooled .

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
@MoonShadows I love your vegetable garden! Very easy on the eye and well kept, great job!

@mrsclem Your potted garden looks great! I too grow my veggies in pots on the deck, often mixed in with flowers

I grow tomatoes (several kinds) cucumbers, eggplants, zucchini,potatoes, peppers, strawberries and all kinds of herbs
I tried growing a watermelon last year, and it was doing great, but then it got eaten by I'm guessing a squirrel veggies8.jpg veggies2.jpg lettuce.jpg veggies4.jpg veggies9.jpg veggies6.jpg veggies5.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Got 1st tomatoes from the garden...only 6 grape tomatoes but its a start...probably got a 100 green ones. Pulled another 5 zucchini ...made a zucchini lasgana...with two of them and another 5 sliced, blanched and frozen this week. Everything seems to be kicking into high gear.

A quick photo..this was layer there of the zucchini...added sauce and cheese to.the top ...baked for 45 minutes and broiled for 5...

Mmm good.
2017-07-10 21.20.08.jpg

MoonShadows

The Jam Man
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Looks good, @Nanner. I am starting to get blooms on my tomatoes and zucchini. I can't believe how far behind we are this year with the wet, cold Spring we've had. Still have not had a day where it reached 90 degrees...unheard of here! Yesterday, I spent a while pruning my tomatoes of non-producing branches to drive more energy into the blossoms and open the plants up more to avoid disease.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I can't believe I can no longer eat zucchini, cucumbers or any other melons, seems I've developed a sudden allergy!
I thought I'd have a reaction to only store bought, blamed on whatever poisons they spray on, but turns out my own grown do me even worse
I don't get it! How can something so healthy for most, can be so bad for me to eat?:(

Ask a Question